CHAPTER-15

Aaravi's POV...

Mr. Rajput's words and eyes were enough to create difficulties in getting control on my racing heart. As I was trying hard to silence him with a logically bold reply, my attention was again grabbed by Latika's booming voice,

"Hey you shameless low class girl! Why have you kept Shourya busy here? Such an attention seeker you are!"

Her statement was way more than enough to enrage me but not having the intention of creating any scene there in the party, I kept myself calm.

I was going through a tough battle with myself when Latika again started to produce not so respecting words addressing me.

"Well, what can we expect from the girls like you? Roaming around rich guys is in you blood!"

" I would have watched my words if I were you, Latika! Being our relative doesn't give you the audacity to insult our guests."

Mr. Rajput's words were firm enough to scare Latika but didn't stop her.

"Who is a guest, Shourya? This girl? She is a cheap emplyee who works for you. Why are you being rude to me? For her?"

Latika's words were coming to my ears but I was unable to react to them as my eyes were fixed on Mr. Rajput's fury dripping eyes. His red face and clenched hands were making me somehow scared.

"You shouldn't give her this mu.....,"

Latika was stopped midway by the furious roar of Mr. Rajput.

" I haven't given you the responsibility of pointing out our guests and employees! Also you don't decide that whom I should treat in which way! You are a guest here. So, be that only. Don't make me treat you in a way that you and your family won't like!"

I was feeling awkward being the centre of the curious eyes that Mr. Rajput's loud angry voice managed to grab.

"You can't behave with me like this on the day when our parents are going to..."

Mr. Rajput shut her up by showing his hand. Raising his phone to his ear, he talked to someone while holding my hand with his free hand.

His warm hand was calming my nerves. For the first time, I wanted him to be near me.

Mr. Rajput didn't wait for anything as he started to make his way through the crowd with my hand still in his and that forced me to follow him. I don't know why I wasn't able to bring myself to jerk my hand out of his hold like I had done before.

I was out of my daze when I felt someone taking me in a tight hug. Blinking my eyes for a few times, I looked at my surroundings only to find the whole royal family around me.

Subha aunty who hugged me a few moments back, held my hands and said in a motherly tone,

"You have forgotten us, Aaravi. You don't get the time to visit us. Always work and work."

Smiling at the cute face she made, I hugged her once again.

"Please don't get angry on me, aunty. You all are really very dear to me."

Hearing me, a big smile broke into her face and I could finally feel relieved.

"Where is Rajeev uncle?"

"He has gone to see some arrangements and has strictly asked me to inform him as soon as you reach here. I have texted him. He will be here any moment."

Smiling at her, I opened my mouth to say something but wasn't able to do so as out of no where Ruhi came and pulled me to a corner.

These both brother and sister have something with pulling people with them, I guess.