Chapter 1: Intro

After graduating from Yale, Rory went on the write about the presidential campaign for Hugo Grey's online magazine. After the election , she was offered a job as a writer for the New York Times. She took the job and that's where she met Adam Carter, who she would eventually marry in 2011. They had 2 kids; Oliver Richard Gilmore-carter was born on March 29th 2013, and Amelia Lorelai Gilmore-Carter was born on December 18th 2015. Rory and Adam ended up getting divorced in 2017, and a few months later Adam took a job in Pittsburgh and moved there.

Rory lived in New York city and she had her kids with her most of the time, except for one weekend a month when they'd go stay with Adam. Other than that, Adam would go to New York one weekend a month to see the kids.

One Tuesday afternoon in late September of 2018, Rory was sitting with Amelia in the parking lot of Oliver's school. The way it worked was that the parents had to wait in the car and school staff would bring the kids to the car. Rory actually liked it that way because it meant that she didn't have to get Amelia out of her car seat just to put her back in 5 minutes later.

Once they got home, Rory put Amelia down for a nap and then let Oliver help her make dinner. 

"Alright, pour it in" Rory said and Oliver poured the box of pasta he was holding into the pot of boiling water. She brushed his long hair- that he refused to get cut- out of his face. "Buddy, I think it's time for a haircut"

"No it's not" Oliver said

"It doesn't bother you when it's in your face?" Rory asked. Oliver shook his head. "Ok". She had more important things to worry about than the length of a 5 year old's hair. If he didn't want to cut it, she wasn't gonna make him. She didn't like that it was always in his face though. "Maybe we'll try putting in a little ponytail. I wonder if that'll work. What do you think?"

"Yeah"

"We can try that out tomorrow"  

"Yeah, and we can use a green rubber band" Oliver said. Rory had a bunch of different colored hair elastics that she used for Amelia hair. Oliver knew that and decided that he wanted a green one.

Rory smiled "sure bud"

——————————————

After breaking up with Rory, Logan moved to California to work for an Internet company. Shortly after, he met Elise Carter. They dated for a few years and ended up having a son: Oliver Elias Huntzberger was born on February 17th 2013. Not long after Oliver was born, Elise and Logan broke up. In august of 2018, Mitchum had a heart attack which prompted him to take a step back from work and hand the company over to Logan. Logan moved to New York City with his son, and took over HPG. Elise stayed in California, but she didn't bother to see Oliver too often as it was.

On a Wednesday afternoon in September of 2018, Logan went to pick his son up from kindergarten. He waited in the car for school staff to bring Oliver out to the car. When Oliver got in the car, he was very excited to tell Logan about his new friend.

"And he's also Oliver, but he's Ollie so it doesn't get mixed up" Oliver said

"So you have a new friend with the same babe as you?" Logan asked. He was pretty sure that's what Oliver was telling him, but it could be hard to follow his stories.

"Yeah, and he should come to our house" Oliver said

"Well, I'll see if I can get his parents' phone number, how about that?"

Oliver nodded. "Are we going to grandma and grandpa's house today?"

"Not today" Logan said. Mitchum and shira had initially been upset to hear that Elise was pregnant, mainly because she and Logan weren't married. Eventually got over it, and they were wonderful grandparents. "We can go on Saturday if you want"

"I want"

"Ok. For now, how about we go home and have some dinner?"

"Yeah"