Chapter 14: Birthdays

December 18th 2020:

Rory always let her kids pick what they wanted to do for their birthdays. Sometimes it was a party, but for Amelia's 5th birthday she decided that she wanted to go to build a bear with her brothers and then get her ears pierced. So Rory, Logan, and all three kids headed to the mall. The first stop was build a bear.

Amelia and the boys were looking through the options when something caught Amelia's eyes. It was a very light brown teddy bear that was dressed in a white shirt that said 'merry Christmas' in green and red letters, and red plaid pajama pants, with a Santa hat that had holes cut out for the ears. "Mama, look, a Christmas bear!"

"That's the one you want?" Rory asked

"Yeah, because it's a Christmas bear"

"Alright" Rory said. "Boys, what about you?"

"Yoda" Oliver said.

"Bat" Ollie said

"Alright, let's do it" Logan said.

"Mama, you need one too" Amelia said "and Logan"

"That's ok, baby, we don't need bears" Rory said

"But everyone gets a bear"

Rory realized that when Amelia picked build a bear, she was thinking that everybody was getting a bear, not just the kids. So even though she and Logan had no use for stuffed animals they each picked one. "Alright, you wanna help me pick?"

"Yeah" Amelia said. Rory picked her up and they started looking at all the different plushie options.

"Ace, look at this one" Logan said and held up a plushie that looked like a gremlin from the movie 'gremlins'.

"Oh, my god, please do not get that" Rory said. Gremlins was one of Logan's favorite movies, and Rory would watch it with him, but if she was being honest The little creatures gave her the heebie jeebies.

"You don't want this thing in our house?" Logan asked sarcastically. "We can put it in our bed, it can sleep with us". The kids giggled.

"No, thank you" Rory said.

"Mama, get that one" Amelia said and pointed to a green dinosaur.

"That's a good choice" Rory said. "Why don't you help Logan pick his out too?"

Amelia walked over to where Logan was standing. "Do you like pink?" She asked

"Sure" Logan said. He didn't love it, but he knew that it was Amelia's favorite color.

"You should get that bear" Amelia said and pointed to a vibrant pink teddy bear with a big light pink bow tie.

Logan chuckled. "Perfect"

Everyone had their stuffed animals made and then they made a quick stop in the food court for lunch before heading to get Amelia's ears pierced. 

Amelia was sitting on Rory's lap while the piercer  (Jonny) marked where he would pierce her ears.

"You do tattoos on people?" Ollie asked

"Yeah" Jonny said

"That's cool" Ollie said. "Mel, you should get a tattoo"

"Nobody's getting a tattoo" Rory said. Obviously when her kids were adults they could do whatever they wanted, but her 5, and almost 8 year old children were obviously not getting tattoos. 

"Dad has tattoos" Oliver said. Logan had Oliver's date of birth tattooed on his chest, above his heart. And he had a tattoo of an ace of hearts (that he got for Rory a few weeks before their wedding) on the inside of his wrist.