Chapter 18: Announcement

The next day was Friday and Rory and Logan took the kids to Stars hollow to see Lorelai and Luke before they all went to dinner at the Gilmores. Logan pulled into Luke and Lorelai's driveway, but didn't move to get out of the car.

"Why aren't we getting out?" Oliver asked

"Before we go in we wanna talk to you guys about something" Rory said

"Grandma and grandpa don't know about the baby yet, and mom needs to be the one to tell them, so nobody's allowed to say anything about it until mom tells them" Logan said. "Ok?"

"Ok"

Just as Rory was going to unbuckle her seatbelt, Lorelai knocked on the window, startling her. She rolled the window down. "You scared the crap out of me"

"Why are you guys just sitting in the driveway?" Lorelai asked

"We're coming in right now" Rory said

They made their was inside and Lorelai could tell that something was up with Rory. The kids were telling their grandparents about camp, but Rory was just worried about telling them that she was pregnant.

The kids kept looking at Rory to see when she was gonna tell Lorelai and Rory figured that they couldn't keep it secret much longer.

"Mom, can you sit down for a second?" Rory asked

"Ok..." Lorelai said and sat down.

"Close your eyes and hold your hands out"

"What are you doing?"

"Just do it" Rory said. Once Lorelai closed her eyes, Rory placed a sonogram picture and a pregnancy test in her hands. "Ok, open"

"No freaking way!" Lorelai jumped up, dropping the picture and the test, and hugged Rory tightly.

"Congratulations" Luke said and shook Logan's hand

"Thank you"

They took 2 cars to the Gilmore's. Logan drive his car with Luke and the boys, and Lorelai drive with Rory and Amelia.

"What do the kids think about the baby?" Lorelai asked

"Mel, are you excited to be a big sister?" Rory asked

"Yeah! And the baby should be a girl" Amelia said

"I know you want it to be a girl, but you remember that we don't get to choose, right?" Rory asked. She was a little bit worried about how Amelia would react if the baby was a boy.

"Yeah" Amelia said before turning her attention back to the game she was playing on Rory's phone.

"Hey, you never told me when you're due" Lorelai said

"February" Rory said

Lorelai chuckled. "For such a short month, you guys sure do have a lot of birthdays in February"

"I know, right? It's weird"

——

The following weekend they had dinner with the Huntzbergers. Logan and Rory gave the kids the same talk about not saying anything about the baby until Logan or Rory told everyone.

"Rory, would you like a drink?" Mitchum asked

"Oh, no, I'm ok" Rory said. "Thank you though"

"Are you sure? We have everything"

"Yeah, I just-" Rory stopped talking and looked at Logan who nodded. "I can't drink right now because I'm pregnant"

"Well, it's about damn time" Mitchum said. He shook Logan's hand and hugged Rory. Shira hugged them both.