Chapter One

——CHAPTER ONEThe Reckoning ——

——
CHAPTER ONE
The Reckoning
——

     CAITLYN FORBES was a name everyone in the small town of Mystic Falls knew. She was the captain of the cheer team with her twin sister Caroline. She was kind and pretty, her mother was the sheriff. Caitlyn was perfect in every aspect.

Except for the fact that once every month on a full moon, she turns into a giant dog.

Cait actually got the nickname "lil pup" from one of her best friends, Damon Salvatore. I know, it's weird. A sweet girl is friends with the impulsive vampire but when you get close to Damon, he has a very sad, sad soul. And he can be sweet when he wants to be.

It was no secret that Stefan was the favoured Salvatore brother but something about the darkness always drew Caitlyn in.

She liked to believe no one is truly evil. Stefan had his dark side but was still a very kind man. Damon could be very impulsive and go on his rampages but he was also very misunderstood.

Everyone loved Caitlyn, people went to her for everything. If you wanted your day brightened up, you went to Cait, if you wanted a good therapy session, you went to Caitlyn. She was just a good person.

Damon saw her as a little sister that he would protect with his life. Stefan saw her as best friend that would always be there when he needed. Caroline would protect her sister with her life, nothing bad would come to her family. Ever.

And Caitlyn loved every single one of them. Bonnie, Jeremy, Damon, Stefan, Caroline. Elena could be a bit whiny sometimes but she still loved her. And when Elijah was here for a short time, she enjoyed his company too.

She was the light in everyone's dark lives. But no one knew the dark in her life that was left without a light.

Until...

——

It was nighttime and the school was empty. Matt used a bench-press machine in the weight room. He stopped for a rest and heard a noise. He got up and walked through the school. He finally entered a classroom.

It was dark inside, and when he stepped inside he set off a number of mouse traps that have been placed on the floor. He turned on the light. Tyler, Caroline, Caitlyn, Elena and Bonnie are there setting the traps.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Caroline complained, stomping a foot on the ground.

Tyler sent a cocky smile over to the human, "Forgot about senior prank night, huh?"

"Clearly." Matt chuckled lightly.