Chapter Eight

——CHAPTER EIGHTOur Town——

——
CHAPTER EIGHT
Our Town
——

IT WAS CAITLYN'S birthday—technically Caroline and Caitlyn's birthday. She had always loved her birthday, the gifts, the cake, family, everything.

But this birthday felt different, like they were stuck—even if Caitlyn wasn't a vampire, she couldn't help but feel ageless, because her sister no longer did. Caroline was stuck, that just meant Caitlyn was too.

Caitlyn knew Caroline wouldn't feel up to her birthday this year, but she would try and make up for it.

Caitlyn excitedly knocked on Caroline's door, only hearing a groan in response. Caitlyn rolled her eyes as she glanced down at the chocolate cupcake in her hand that had one candle on it.

Instead of waiting, she walked into the room, "Happy birthday, twinie!" Caitlyn yelled, walking quickly to the side of the bed Caroline was facing.

Caroline groaned again, rolling over facing away from Caitlyn, "Go away." She muttered, her already quiet voice muffled by her sheets.

She sighed again, grabbing Caroline's shoulder and turning her back to face her, "I got you a cupcake. Your favourite, chocolate." She said sweetly, hoping to cheer her up.

Caroline sleepily smiled at her sister, grateful she had done that for her, "Thanks, but I'm not really feeling up to our birthday this year."

"I know. That's why we are going to skip school, have a girls day, then everyone will come over and have a party once you are feeling up to it."

Caroline's eyes fluttered open, looking from the cupcake to Caitlyn's eyes, seeing the smile on her face, "What's this girls day?" She asked.

Caitlyn smiled brightly, "You are going to love it!"

——

The girls day ended up being the two sitting on the couch with a bunch of sweets, watching Gone With The Wind.

And Caitlyn was right, Caroline did love girls day, but she still wasn't exactly up for a party.

So Caitlyn did what every good sister should do and planned a surprise party—she sent Caroline to the grill to pick up some chilli cheese fries; which were the girls' favourite thing.

And then, she invited Elena, Bonnie and Matt into her home, waiting for Caroline to get home; the group had wished Caitlyn a quick happy birthday as well, giving her a party hat that said birthday girl.