Chapter Seven

——CHAPTER SEVENThe New Deal——

——
CHAPTER SEVEN
The New Deal
——

CAITLYN WOKE FROM HER PEACEFUL SLUMBER, a smile appearing on her face as she recalled the events from the previous night.

Yes, she was almost killed and her supposed friends had possibly allowed her to be bait—but she decided to focus on the positive that morning.

Klaus had saved her. The big bad hybrid healed her, his concern for her surprised her, they hadn't known each other for that long.

Besides the failed prank night that he ruined—she definitely still blamed him for that. And of course, couldn't forget their secret phone call.

She still didn't know how he got her phone number.

Caitlyn stretched, a yawn escaping her lips—today was a peaceful day, Caroline wasn't barging in her room, demanding she got ready, there were no calls she had missed in the middle of the nigh.

She could hear the birds chirping outside her window, the sun cascaded around her room, and on her face—she smiled at the warmth she felt.

Caitlyn looked to the side, her brows furrowed in confusion seeing a small black box sat atop her nightstand—she definitely didn't put that there.

Unless in the middle of the night she started sleepwalking.

She grabbed it, checking out the box, before carefully opening it. Caitlyn quietly gasped, looking down at the silver, crescent moon necklace.

Caitlyn gently grabbed it, the silver shimmered in the sunlight. It was beautiful.

She placed it down, as she noticed a note at the bottom of the box, she picked it up to read it.

I can't thank you enough for last night, and I am so sorry you got in the middle. Take this for my sincere apologies and thanks.
Love,
Klaus

Caitlyn smiled at the message, opening her drawer on the night stand and placing the note with the box inside.

She walked over to her vanity, clipping the necklace around her neck, admiring how it sat between the curve of her breasts.

——

Caitlyn walked into the grill, searching for Bonnie—who she was supposed to meet and have lunch with.

With all the drama surrounding the group, Caitlyn hadn't had much time to spend time with the young witch. They were best friends and Caitlyn wanted to see her.