Chapter Nine

{ AN : Caitlyn's dress above }

——CHAPTER NINEBringing Out The Dead——

——
CHAPTER NINE
Bringing Out The Dead
——

CAITLYN SAT ATOP the kitchen counter, eating cereal. Caroline had gone to the hospital to check on their father, as Caitlyn stayed home.

Caitlyn loved her father, yes, but she also held some resentment towards him. He had tortured his own daughter because she was something he hated, and he left, without even saying goodbye when he came out of the closet, leaving the entire family.

She didn't believe he deserved to spend time with his family who he abandoned.

Caitlyn felt a shift in the air, telling her someone had entered her house, "Elijah," She said surprised, seeing the suited man standing in her kitchen, "Welcome back to the land of the living."

Elijah nodded with a smile, "It is wonderful to see you again, miss Forbes." He said formally, causing Caitlyn to roll her eye playfully.

"For the last time Elijah, just call me Caitlyn." She smiled, placing the cereal bowl in sink after she jumped down from the counter.

"Alright, Caitlyn." Elijah smiled, taking a seat at the dining table.

Caroline took a seat across from him, sending him a confused look, "So, how are you alive?"

Elijah gritted his teeth, his eyes drifting around the room, "Not from the hands of Niklaus." He said angrily, holding resentment for his brother.

Caitlyn scoffed, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms, "Right." She mumbled.

Elijah cleared his throat, ridding the negative feelings he held for his brother at this moment, "However, I came to invite you to a dinner I am hosting, the Salvatore's will also be there."

Caitlyn pinched her brows together, "Why do you want me there?" She asked confused.

Elijah smirked at her, "I've seen the sketches Niklaus has of you, he seems quite infatuated," He mentioned, causing a blush to spread on her cheeks that she tried to hide, "I thought it would be nice if you came as my date."

Caitlyn thought it over, at first, it was a terrible idea—she had no intention of being near Klaus right now. But getting back at him also seemed fun.

"You don't have to ask me twice, 'Lijah." Caitlyn smiled, really hoping this wouldn't be a huge mistake.

——