Chapter Two

——CHAPTER TWOSmells Like Teen Spirit——

——
CHAPTER TWO
Smells Like Teen Spirit
——

     CAITLYN STOOD in front of the school, staring ahead with Caroline, Bonnie and Elena—remembering the occurrences of the night before.

"Here we are. Senior year." Caroline said, attempting to add light to the situation.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie questioned, looking around the group.

"Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on." Caroline smiled, her blonde hair swooshing as she moved toward the school excitedly.

"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?"

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day."

Caitlyn decided to speak up, "Sure, and why should I let the fact that the only other wolf in Mystic Falls is now a hybrid and Klaus might eventually want to turn me as well."

"Today's our anniversary." Elena said, draining everyone's sort-of happy mood. "Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year."

"Yeah. You win." Caroline nodded, causing Caitlyn to look at her with furrowed brows. Elena wins? The hell.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie asked sympathetically

"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life."

Caroline and Bonnie look at each other, as Caitlyn stared after Elena's moving figure, "How the hell does she win?"

"Cait..." Bonnie said scolding, while trying to fight the smile.

Caitlyn shrugged, "I'm just saying. But if we're being honest, Bonnie you win."

——

Caitlyn and Caroline stood by one of the bulletin boards in the school, hanging up flyers for the bonfire tonight, "So...?" Caroline asked, pushing Caitlyn's shoulder with her own.

"Sooo what?" Caitlyn asked, a confused expression on her face.

Caroline shrugged, "Oh, I don't know, what's Klaus like?" She asked with a small smirk.

"What do you mean? It's Klaus. And I only met him last night."

Caroline tapped up a flyer on the board, "You just seemed angrier than usual when you found me and Tyler."