Chapter Eighteen

——CHAPTER EIGHTEENThe Departed——

——
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
The Departed
——

     CAITLYN AWOKE ALONE on the cold ground where her supposed friends had left her and taken Klaus.

The realization of the situation didn't take long to return to Caitlyn's mind. Klaus was gone. Desiccated. Most likely about to be dumped in the ocean.

It hit her like a tidal wave. All her emotions were on overdrive. Of course this wouldn't work out, the Salvatore's and Elena had been scheming to kill the Originals—Klaus, since they got to town. Even before that.

But Klaus was different, he wasn't the evil hybrid everyone perceives him to be. He's gentle and kind and loving. I guess you just have to be lucky enough to see it.

And Caitlyn was. For the first time in her life she had something good. Really good.

She couldn't let that go. So she called the one person in the world who might say he gave up on Klaus but if in trouble would come running back.

Elijah. Her only hope.

——

Caitlyn sat curled up on the couch in the Mikaelson mansion, waiting for Elijah to arrive.

She had called him a few minutes ago, and since then she hadn't been able to stop the tears from falling, the image of Klaus' desiccated body fresh in her mind.

"Caitlyn." Elijah called out as he opened the door, his formal tone less calm than usual but Caitlyn didn't blame him, the Scooby-gang had Klaus in their possession—who knew what they would do to him.

Caitlyn sprung up from the couch, running to the man, "Elijah!" She fell into his form, wrapping her arms tightly around his body, "They took him, he's gone." She cried quietly into his suit.

Elijah shushed her, soothingly rubbing her back. It was then that he realized just how deep her feelings ran for his brother—he knew what Klaus felt, it was blatantly obvious, he never was good at hiding his feelings.

So he brought his hands to cup her cheeks, raising her head to look him in the eye, "We will get him back, I give you my word, Caitlyn."

Caitlyn's tears had somewhat cleared up, deciding to trust the older Mikaelson, "Okay." She nodded weakly.

——

Elijah and Caitlyn arrived at the Gilbert house and are now standing in the kitchen with Matt, Elena and Stefan watching the two with wary expressions.