Chapter Three

——CHAPTER THREEThe Bonfire——

——
CHAPTER THREE
The Bonfire
——

CAITLYN WALKED DOWN the hallways of the Mystic Falls high school, Damon had called her a few minutes earlier, saying he needed her super werewolf powers and they needed to put Stefan down.

She would have said no, because Stefan is one of her best friends—but he was an emotionless, hybrid pet that needed to be put down; not permanently, just making that clear.

Arriving at the classroom—Alaric's to be exact, she was greeted with a bunch of grim faces and the everyday-smirk from Damon.

"I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire. Then when he's distracted..." Elena trailed off, waiting for Alaric to recite their plan.

"I'll shoot him."

Damon narrowed his eyes at the group, raising a hand in a questioning manner, "Can't Bonnie just ju-ju him or something?"

Elena shook her head, dismissing the idea of getting Bonnie hurt, "I'm trying to keep Bonnie out of this. I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her." Caitlyn always thought Elena's attempts to keep everyone safe was dumb—everyone was already involved, there was no keeping everyone safe anymore.

"Caitlyn, Caroline, are you guys covered?" Elena looked over at the blonde twins.

Caroline answered while Caitlyn nodded her head from beside her, "Yes! I will make sure that the old Forbes jail cell is prepped and ready."

"We're forgetting a key player here. Rebekah? Wherever Stefan goes, the blonde ponytail tends to follow." Damon mentioned, throwing unsatisfied glances around, showing how much he did not like this plan.

"Which is why it's your job to keep her away."
Elena answered, placing her hands on her hips—looking at him with a smirk that told Caitlyn this was some sort of payback.

She didn't know what, but it was something—because Elena and Damon have this odd tension around them; sexual tension. Caitlyn wasn't exactly comfortable with it—but whatever, it's not like Elena had a boyfriend or anything.

Damon threw his hands up with wide eyes, "How?! She's an Original. Last time I checked, we're out of daggers."

"So then preoccupy her with your charm."

"Might have better luck finding the dagger." Caitlyn mocked, gaining a few laughs from the group.

Damon tugged her closer, rubbing a hand atop her head, messing up her perfectly curled hair, "Are you ever not going to be mad at me for a day?" He asked Alaric who was snickering from the young werewolf's comment.