Mockingbird

Identities in this chapter!
Soulfire= Sapnap, Erebus= Wilbur, Peleus= Techno
Spitfire and Ghost will be explained in the next chapter!

---

The next morning, Tommy was in the bathroom fixing his shirt and trying to think of a game plan. He'd stayed up a little later than he meant to last night while reading up on the heroes, and now he was paying the price for it. It also didn't help that when he did sleep- it wasn't very good. Which meant now he had bags under his eyes. But they weren't too noticeable. Hopefully they'd fade by the time he went up to demonstrate his powers. They didn't need to know that he was so on edge in the tower that he couldn't sleep longer than 45 minutes.

Sighing, Tommy poked his head out of the bathroom and glanced up and down the pristine hallway. It was empty, thankfully, so he slipped out of the bathroom and made his way back to the "napping spot" as Hypnos had called it. Hypnos had called it his room when he brought him dinner the night before, but it didn't feel right. While he wasn't against taking things from the heroes- for some reason, this spot felt special. And he didn't want to ruin it by claiming it as his- even if it's just briefly.

As he was walking though, the elevator dinged and Tommy instantly slowed his steps to watch the corner closest to the elevator. He heard light footsteps, then Hypnos rounded the corner with something dark blue draped on his arm. The dark haired hero spotted him almost immediately, and they waved to each other before Hypnos made his way over.

Hypnos, Tommy's mind recited, is a quiet hero. Keeps to himself, and isn't afraid to fuck with your mind if you piss him off. Probably best to match his energy. Keep quiet, and don't ask too many questions. Don't be annoying.

"Hey Tommy." Hypnos greeted once he got within talking range. He glanced at his watch. "I didn't think you'd be up yet."

Tommy shrugged, keeping his voice low to match the hero's monotone voice. "It's only 7:30." He decides not to mention he's been up since 4. "Besides, I've gotta get used to waking up early, right?"

Hypnos frowned minutely. "I mean..Not unless you have morning or night patrols. Or you get scheduled for training at the ass-crack of dawn. I'm not even usually up before noon most days. But I had night patrol last night, so I came down to bring you a change of clothes before I grabbed breakfast and went to bed."

Tommy paused, genuinely surprised. "You- huh?"

"Yeah." Hypnos shrugged a shoulder. "You're about the same height as Erebus. So Charon had him dig out a change of clothes for you. So you're not fighting in jeans." He chuckled, holding the small pile of clothes out to him.

"..Oh." Tommy took the clothes offered. "Thank you..I'll um- I'll make sure I give these back as soon as possible."

Hypnos just hummed in acknowledgement. They stood there for a moment in awkward silence as Tommy struggled for something to say. He was trying to match this guy's energy, but he was..Weird. The goggles kept his eyes from giving anything away, and his tone was the same uninterested, monotone voice every time he spoke. It was like this guy was a robot. If Tommy hadn't spent 2 whole hours going down rabbit hole after rabbit hole about this guy's possible hybridity; he might've even believed he was a robot. He had no idea what to even say to the man.