A Steady Beep Of A Heart Monitor

"..What can we do? Surely you can fix it without potions, right? You have healing powers." A voice is saying somewhere far above his head. Tommy's hands curl weakly into something soft in his hands, and he tries to drag himself back into reality. It feels like he's supposed to be listening to this conversation. It sounds important. And he has a job to do..Right? Something really important. What was it..

"Of course I can fix it," Another voice says, sounding almost offended. "I'm just not sure how much his body can take right now..He was under there for nearly 48 hours- and my healing powers take a lot out of a person. He's already weak, if I push it too much he could slip into a coma."

"Well then what's the next best option?" The first voice asks, and Tommy takes a deep breath- trying to claw at the veil covering his mind. He should- He needs to do something, right? He needs to get moving, maybe? That sounds right. He needs to get moving before he gets in trouble. He needs to do his job.

"The only other option we have is to bind his wings." And Tommy's heart drops . "At least until he's strong enough to handle being healed."

No.

No no no no no please don't bind them. Please please please I've been good please-

"I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that.." The first voice says, and Tommy nearly cheers at the thought of someone sticking up for him. Raptor never did that- but he doesn't recognize the voice. But, does it really matter? All that matters is that someone is trying to keep someone else from binding his wings. "His wings are already so delicate- are you sure binding them down is gonna help?"

"It's the only thing I can think of.." The second voice reasons- and Tommy curses them mentally as he fights against the veil over his mind. "We can't let his wings be loose- they'll just get worse. Besides, he's already fought against us in his sleep when we had to get him changed. I can't even imagine what would happen if we let his wings stay loose until he was awake."

Please say no. Tommy begs the first voice internally, his wings twitching in an attempt to curl weakly into his sides. Don't let them bind my wings. I've been good..Please.

There's a sigh, and Tommy's hope shatters. "I guess you're right..I just don't like it."

"I know.." The second voice says. "But it's really the best thing we can do for him. He needs to start recovering naturally before I can try and do anything substantial."

A frantic, almost panicked beeping noise picks up, and the conversation dies instantly.

"Mockingbird?" The first voice asks, and there's a blissfully cool hand brushing his bangs from his forehead. "Hey, mate..Are you-"

"Don't.." He croaks weakly, his chin wobbling from the effort. "Please.."

The voice shushes him with an understanding croon, and fingers comb through his hair. "Oh sweetheart, it's ok. You're gonna be ok. We just need to-"