Interlude

"I'm gonna kill him if I go in there." Technoblade grumbles. There's rage simmering under the surface of his tone, and Wilbur doesn't blame him in the slightest. He can practically see the anger radiating off him in jagged lines as he directs a furious glare through the one-way glass.

Raptor- or Hector as his civilian file says -is sitting at a table beyond it; trying and failing to move his arms up over his head. They're chained to the chair he's sitting in, so there's no chance of him getting free. But even if he did somehow manage to get his arms in front of him; he wouldn't be able to even revel in the victory before every hero in the tower pinned him down and forced his arms back behind him.

And Wilbur and Techno would be the first ones on him. And they'd also be the last ones to let go- and it'd likely be accompanied with more than a few bruises on the guy.

But as much as he hates this man for everything he's done- he needs to keep his anger in check.

Because right now, there is a person on the other side of the glass who needs to be questioned. Which means- no matter how badly he wants to throw the man in jail and watch him rot like he left Tommy to rot -he needs to stay professional.

He needs to hear him out. Even if everything he says is bullshit.

This entire process depends on how willing he is to cooperate.

And whether or not Techno can keep his anger under control.

"..I can go in on my own if you don't think you can handle it." Wilbur murmurs. "I don't want you getting in trouble for punching a douche."

He doesn't want to put his brother in a situation where he might put himself in danger of a rage. And sure, Wilbur doesn't really want to go into that room by himself; but he will if Techno can't handle it. He'd rather suffer alone than put his brother in a situation like that.

Techno takes a deep breath and pinches his brow for a long moment before his shoulders droop. "No, I..I'll be fine." He says, but it sounds weak. "I just..If he says one bad thing about Tommy, I can't promise he won't be leaving here unscathed."

Wilbur hums in understanding, and bumps into his shoulder with a small grin. "But I've got your back, alright?" He smiles and pulls out the notepad with the questions he's supposed to ask. "Just follow my lead. You got this."

Techno nods, and together, the two of them step over to the door to the interrogation room. Wilbur pauses with his hand on the knob to take a deep breath and collect himself- sliding on an impassive, unbothered mask before stepping in.

Raptor's head snaps up the moment the door opens; and he sucks in a breath that would normally signal a screeching attack from him. But with the power suppressants in his system, all it does is send the man into a coughing fit that makes his own lungs ache.

"I would advise against that, Raptor." Wilbur says smoothly; sitting in a seat across the table from the man. "The power suppressants won't let you use it anyways."