You've Got Nothing To Fear.. (I'm Here)

It takes a long time for Ponk to release Tommy from the medical wing. Includes dozens of small healing sessions so it doesn't stress out his body or his mind. But honestly..Tommy doesn't think there's much that can stress him out, right now.

Because Techno's there every step of the way.

He's double-checks with Ponk to make sure he's being given the right dose of painkillers. He's there to wake Tommy up from his naps so he can take his medicine on time to avoid the aches and pains. He holds Tommy's hands when he wakes up and they won't stop shaking.

And most importantly, he's there when his memory returns to him after a day or so of being on a lower dose of painkillers. And he stays there during the anxiety attack that follows. He's there when Tommy wakes up screaming from nightmares of falling off the Hero Towers roof- watching his feathers fly as he plummets to his death. Or when he can't breathe because he saw himself crushing everyone he cares about in an out of control fit of rage.

And he's there when Tommy has questions.

"What happened after?" He whispers, one night. It's so late that it's early the next day; but Techno is still awake, somehow. And he looks up from his book at Tommy's question with a frown. "After?"

"After I um.." He starts, then stops. And he closes his laptop in favor of clearing his throat and trying again. "..After the party. For my birthday? What happened after I was gone?"

Techno is quiet for a long moment before putting a bookmark in his book and setting it aside. "Well..Wilbur had a panic attack because you were taken; and Phil and I argued." He says, genty. "Oh- And I punched a hole through a wall."

"You-" Tommy laughs a bit; taken aback. "What do you mean you punched a hole through a wall??"

"It was either put a hole through a wall or send Phil clear across the room." Techno shrugs nonchalantly. "I chose the wall."

"Well- Ok, but why did you want to punch Phil?" He asks, still baffled. "Why were you two arguing?"

"I was angry cause of what he said to you." Techno explains, and Tommy stills as he continues. "Those words never should've come out of his mouth. But they did. And I.." He clears his throat. "..Didn't take it well."

"I didn't either.." Tommy mumbles; curling his wings in close and looking down at his hands.

Techno is quiet for a long moment before he slowly moves the chair closer to the edge of the bed and props his elbows on his knees.

"..Do you wanna talk about that?" He asks, hesitantly. "You don't have to. But..If you wanna get some things off your chest, I'm here. And I won't say anything to anyone."

"..Promise?" Tommy whispers, and Techno nods.

"I promise." He reassures, reaching out and taking Tommy's hands in his own. "What's goin on?"

Turning his eyes away, Tommy furrows his eyebrows and drags his wings against his arms. "I just..I can still hear him." He confesses quietly; flinching when Techno's hands tighten a bit around his own. "I-I can..I can still see him. I-I can still see all of you. I can s-see the anger a-and can hear the hatred-"