The Tornado

Minor content warnings!!
Mentions and descriptions of electrocution, burn wounds, self-destructive behavior, and falling off a building.

---

"We have to evacuate the city." Wilbur says in his ear piece, and Phil nearly falls out of the sky. He has to struggle to stop mid-air; and he raises a hand to his ear to listen in better.

"What's happening?" Puffy asks, sounding just as stressed as Phil feels.

"Look I- I can't really explain-" He says; and Phil knows almost immediately what he means. "-but we need to get as many people out of the city's core as we can." Something like panic fill his chest, and he turns around to see the city in the distance.

He's on his way to Las Nevadas, right now. Roulette hasn't been answering any of his calls or messages to try and help them find Tommy- so he thought he'd go there in person to ask for help.

But if he's right about what's going on..

"Wil?" Phil says, and swallows thickly as his son hums in his ear. "Is it..?" He starts, but trails off. He knows Wilbur responds by the silence that follows.

Then Wilbur takes a deep breath. "..I'm just trying to help him."

And that's all Phil needs.

He spins around in the air and starts flying back to the city with a whirlwind of clouds following after him; pushing him and creating gusts for him to go faster. He needs to get back there. Needs to stop Tommy from doing whatever he's planning that requires them to evacuate the city. He needs to help.

That's his a kid. He's gonna tear himself apart and Phil's not there to stop him. He's not there to protect him. He isn't there to help him. All because he let his anger get the better of him and he made a mistake. He can't do this. Can't live with himself watching Tommy self-destruct over something Phil said.

He makes it to the edge of the city in what feels like record time; and he nearly crashes into an apartment building when Tommy's voice sounds out from speakers across the entire city.

"I know you're watching, Static!"

And Phil sees him; but it's not really him. His wings are white and shiny like they have oil on them; and there's a gold cloth mask over the top half of his face. But he'd be able to recognize his son that kid anywhere.

But he can't tell where he is. All he can see is buildings behind him as he stands on the top of a roof he doesn't recognize. He needs to get to him.

"And since you're too scared to fight me; I'll be taking the spot as the Head of the Villain League!" And Phil full-on startles in his attempt to take flight again.

He- What? Why is he challenging Static?? Does he- What's he doing??