A Monster In A Cage

CONTENT WARNINGS!!
Blood, violence, child abuse (including physical and attempted mental and emotional).
Tommy goes a little feral. As a treat.

---

Tommy's not entirely sure when he fell asleep after The Blue Fairy left. All he really knows is he was curled up on the bed; attempting to cradle the wrist with the bracelet close as he tried to think of what to say to the heroes when they came to arrest him. Countless apologies and lengthy explanations he tries to shorten to as few words as possible since they likely won't want to hear him speak. But the more he tries to shorten his script; the longer it gets because he realizes he forgot something. A piece of his past there, a weird reaction he needs to apologize for there..It's never-ending.

But he did fall asleep eventually, and he jumps awake when a door slams shut. Sitting bolt upright, Tommy has to blink several times in order for his swimming vision to right itself. His hands tingle and his head hurts for some reason, but he doesn't have time to think about why. Because a hand closes around his arm a moment later, and he yelps a little.

"Wha-"

" What is this? " Raptor seethes, his voice edging around a rattle. Tommy's eyes fly open, searching the mans face for what made him so angry. He follows his gaze down to his arm- briefly confused why he's so upset. But then he registers the bandages on his arm. The ones that The Blue Fairy put on him.

"It's uh- It's nothing." He stutters, tugging his arm a little to try and get it back.

"It doesn't look like 'nothing'." He rattles, the grip on his arm tightening. "It looks like someone else has been in here."

Tommy opens his mouth- but he's not sure what he was planning to say. Maybe lie and say one of the others patched him up out of pity? But that wouldn't really make sense cause the others don't like him at all. But it's bulled over by Raptor speaking loud and sharp. "And I know no one else has been in here. I have the only key to your door, and I've had it all night. So who the hell has been in here?"

"N-No one-" His sentence gets cut off with Raptor hissing at him.

"Don't you fucking lie to me." He snaps, rasing his wings a bit as a threat. "Who. Is. It."

And normally, Tommy would be afraid.

Would be terrified and shrink down before complying and telling him whatever he wanted to hear. Would normally do anything to get that venom out of his voice.

But for some reason..He's not afraid, right now. He's nervous, sure. He doesn't like it when people yell at him. But he's not terrified like he normally would be. Like he would've been yesterday.

And because the fear is gone for whatever reason- he doesn't have a filter.

So his mouth opens of its own volition, and he spits out the stupidest thing he's ever said to his ex-mentor.