The Fire I Began (Is Burning Me Alive)

CONTENT WARNINGS!! Violence, fighting, general havoc and chaos. Minor mentions of drug use, "Bad Dad" Phil, and disassociation/feeling like your body isn't your own.

---

It's 4 days after Tommy leaves the hospital that the party is set for, and he's..Nervous, to say the least.

Ok; Paranoid would probably be a better word for it.

But he can't help it. He can't sleep. Can barely eat. And he keeps checking over his shoulder like he's expecting the League to just be there when he looks. Like he's gonna check behind him once and see Raptor glaring at him from the shadows. Or worse- he's gonna fall asleep without a care in the world only to wake up back there.

He shivers in his pacing and wraps his wings around himself at the thought. He can't go back there. Even if he wanted to, he wouldn't be able to. He's certain the villains have moved by now that he's changed sides.

Thankfully, he's on medical leave until after the Lantern Festival, so he doesn't have to worry about getting grabbed during patrols on top of everything else.

But he can't shake his paranoia. How could he? The villains are attacking during the Lantern Festival's party. And no one knows.

But what he personally thinks is worse is that he can't tell anyone what he knows.

It's not that he hasn't thought about it. He has. Several times, in fact.Has thought about walking right up to Charon and just- spilling everything.

But he knows he can't.

Besides, what would he even say? "Hey Charon; there's an attack planned on the hero tower! How do I know this? Oh well you see I used to be the villain known as Vex and I was here to get you to trust me so I can reveal all your secrets to the league! But I've totally switched sides now- so you can trust me."

He makes himself snort at the thought, and he drags a hand down his face to try and stave off the exhaustion. He's been awake since 2 am. He had a dream he walked up to Technoblade with anxiety making his feathers stand on end- and told him everything.

He never got to see dream-Techno's reaction since the anxiety made him jolt awake; but he doesn't think he wants to see it.

His conscious brain is all too eager to throw imagined reactions in his face. The laughter and teasing of "Very funny, Tommy."

His insistence that it's true and somber mood.

The confusion that would riddle their faces; followed by rightful anger sending the trio into a screaming fit.

His imaging hasn't gone past that, yet. He refuses to let it get past the beginning of the shouting. The echoes of "How could you?" and "We trusted you!" are bad enough to think about. He doesn't want his brain to get creative with what they'll say to him when- not if -they find out.