Chapter 5

"Ye kapre pehno." Her sister, Aina, said as she took out a dress which was "heavy" according to Amal.
(Wear these clothes.)

"Meri shaadi aj nahi horhi, baji." Aina smiled sarcastically.
(I'm not getting married today, sis.)

"Zyada khush na ho, aj ho bhi nahi rahi. Ammi ne kaha hai jo main kahongi wohi pehno gi tum. Tumhara hone wala shohar ghar main hai or tum koi sardyal se kapre pehnna chahti ho? Pagal larki." Amal blushed and glared at her words.
(Don't be too happy, you won't get married this early anyways. Mom said that you'll wear what I will want you to. Your soon-to-be-husband is in the house and you want to wear simple clothes? Idiotic girl.)

"Kitni besharam hain ap. Maine abhi han nahi ki hai." In an attitude, she crossed her arms and looked away.
(You're so shameless. I haven't said yes to the proposal yet.)

"Rishta Salaar bhai ne diya hai. Kisi aere ghere ne nahi. Shaadi to tumhari unse hi hogi. Jitne ziddi wo Hain, itna to koi bhi nahi hai." Salaar

bhai ne rishta diya hai? Am

al thought in surprise. Now, she was even more nervous than before. Lekin aj se pehle to Salaar bhai ne kabhi aesi cheez ke baare main bat nhi ki phir achanak kese-?
(The proposal was given by Salaar brother himself. Not anyone else. You'll get married to him at all costs. No one is more stubborn than him.)
(Salaar brother gave the proposal? But he never talked about this before then why suddenly-?)

"J

ldi karo. Nashta lag gaya hoga." Aina left her room, leaving the innocent girl in jitters. On the other hand, Salaar was restless since yesterday. He didn't know how she'd react. She's young and innocent and she does listen to her parents but he was still worried. In all this situation, he realized he's done a mistake by not asking Amal himself first or maybe give some hints. She must be very surprised and confused.
(Be quick. Breakfast would've been served.)

He had been waiting to get a glance at her beautiful face since morning which is 5AM for Salaar Sikander. He couldn't wait to meet her and explain everything as best as he could before their marriage. She is a curious little thing which can be a good or bad thing in this case. He smiled as he imagined her big doe eyes looking at him with a confused adorable expression as he wore his watch.

Walking downstairs, he was entering the dining room when he saw a small figure outside the door and leaning in a little bit to peek inside. Amal. Her dressed clad self took his breath away and he stopped his wandering eyes. She had her usual veil on her head which was slipping down when he cleared his throat from behind her. She jumped into the air and turned around hastily. Salaar stifled his laugh and maintained a stone face at her comical self.

"Mujhe nahi pata tha ke yahan itne tayyar hokar chor aate hain." She backed away from the door and fidgeted infront of him.
(I didn't know that the theifs here get themselves prepared so much.)

"N-nahi m-main to b-bas.....a-aese hi...." Dunya ki sabse pagal larki ka award milne chahye tumhe Amal! Sahi kehti hain ammi.
(No, I was just...)
(I should get the award for the biggest fool in the world! Mom is right.)

"P

ehle nashta karte hain, phir bat karenge. Chalein." He gestured towards the door and she bit her lips. Entering the room together, eyes flitted to them. The elders smiled at the soon to be couple while the cousins passed teasing smirks to each other. They took their usual seats but were interrupted by Huzaifa. At this moment, everyone in the house knew that Salaar proposed to Amal himself and they couldn't let this opportunity slip up.
(Let's eat breakfast first then we'll talk.)