Chapter 6

Vote please✨

**************
Today is Aina's Dholki (A traditional ceremony) after four years of her engagement, she was finally getting married and the only one left was the youngest who still couldn't make her mind about her own cousin's proposal. Marrying Salaar is like a foreign language to her. She knows nothing about him. Well, she does know most of his likes and dislikes but considering the role of a wife, everything changes. Not everyone can manage to be a wife of a Chief Army General. He was not an ordinary man unlike her. There was nothing simple in his way of living. A hard and tough routine with an equally strong and confident man.

Now, most would think that why would these habits be a hindrance? These are good habits but not everyone can keep up with it. She couldn't imagine living with him in a room together, forever. Would he even talk to her? He's a silent type of person. These were the thoughts of Amal as she got dressed for her sister's event. It had been two days since their last talk. She did feel good that he talked to her and comforted her like that but that doesn't mean he'd change himself completely. She hadn't seen him all day as he was busy with the event management along with shifting his post.

"Ajao ab Amal, tumne to abhi tak trays bhi set nahi ki." Eshaal, her eldest sister, who is also married, glared at her as she poked her head into her room. The Sikandar villa was very busy today and everyone had something to do. She wanted to accompany Aina so that she doesn't feel too out of comfort but as she trudged down, the girl was already surrounded by her friends. She gazed longingly at the sight. Amal always wanted to have a lot of friends despite her nature. She looked away when she felt a stare on her own self.
(Come on, Amal. You haven't even set the trays yet.)

There he was. Standing the tallest, in a cream salwar kameez (traditional dress for men), he always stood out. His gray eyes opposing his sense of right and trailing down at the small figure who had him wrapped around her little fingers. She looked ethereal. Dressed in a light yellow lehenga and blouse with full sleeves of net and her fancy veil on her head, covering her hairs which betray her when a few tendrils seep out on the sides, she diverted all his attention to herself like a magnet.

After noticing his stare, she joined some of her faraway cousins with rosy cheeks to help them.

"Ye chand aj zameen per utar aya hai kiya?" She heard Huzaifa's voice and grinned. To be honest, Huzaifa bhai was her favorite and she was always bummed out when they had to leave. He was like a brother she never had.
(Did the moon visit our house today?)

"Bhai! Apne to hamare sath koi time hi spend nahi kiya. Poore time ap ghar se bahar hi rehte hain ya Salaar b- ke sath office ki batein karte hain." Ya Allah! Main itni pagal kion hon? Agar abhi maine bhai keh diya hota to record lag jana tha mera or Salaar ka bhi.
(Bro! You didn't spend time with me. You're always hanging out or talking with Salaar b- about your office work.)
(Oh, Allah! I'm such an idiot. If I called Salaar, brother, out loud then both of us wouldn't have heard the end of it.)

"Ab main kiya kahon, behna. Apke hone wale shohar yahan bhi mujhe kaam ki baton main laga dete hain. Tum bhi thora Salaar bhai se bat karliya karo phir shayad kaam ki batein chor dein wo." Huzaifa winked at her and she laughed embarrassingly with red cheeks once again.
(What can I say, sis? Your soon-to-be-husband makes me talk about work all the time. You should talk to Salaar brother then maybe he'll leave work for awhile.)

"Agar ap dono ki batein hogayi hon to Amal ko kitchen main Aria Chachi bula rahi hain." Huzaifa sobered up and left from there after making a quick excuse. Kese ghoor ghoor kar dekh rahe hain aese jese aj se pehle kabhi dekha hi na ho. Besharam kahinke. She passed by him to leave when he gently grabbed her elbow and an audible gasp escaped her. Leaning closer, he put his mouth just an inch from her ear.
(If your discussion is finished then Amal is needed in the kitchen.)
(Why is he staring at me like he's never seen me before? Shameless person.)