Chapter 5

Presently, everyone was sat in the living room. Ayesha and Farah were hustling and bustling in the corner of the room. They were whispering but everyone could hear them. Rehan bhai looked bored and Hamza bhai and Tariq bhai were scanning Waleed or more like glaring at him. Dayaan was present but absent in the room at the same time while Amara was actually absent. I didn't see her much since two days ago when all this had gone down.

"

Or

tum! Kiya hai tumhare dimagh main Waleed ko lekar?"

"M-main?"

"Or to nahi, kiya main? Bewaqoof larki. Main pooch rahi hon ke tum usse pasand karti ho ya nahi? Han kardein hum apki taraf se?" She got soft at the end and I was in turmoil.

"A-ami, main soch kar bataongi."

To

day was the deadline. Waleed was gawking at me and I sat shyly in the corner.

"Or to kiya jawab hai, Noor? Hamari beti banengi ap?" Dadi jaan asked me, hopefully. I knew I was going to say yes when I saw Waleed yesterday.

He came home late and Ami told me to serve him food when he arrives. When I did, he asked me to sit with him. He quietly ate the food while I sat beside him. His eyes met mine like they always do and I couldn't look in them for more than a second. There is an undeniable connection between us that I can't deny. It's intense, stressing yet calming and exciting. I have never experienced these feelings before and I'm ready to discover them with him.

I gave a barely noticeable nod and heard him take a deep breath.

"Batao, Noor?" Abbo and Chacho Eshaan, Afia Chachi's husband, and Chacho Ismail, Chachi Laiba's husband, shook their head assuredly. I love my family to the moon and back.

"J-ji." Her voice was a whisper but it was loud enough to ring in two people's ears. Her soon-to-be-husband and her best friend/cousin, Amara. He had never felt so tensed before and that is a lot to say considering his position in the business world. The powerful and cold Waleed Khan was putty in the hands of this delicate and gorgeous woman which he couldn't wait to make his. He knew she would be his the second he saw her. He didn't believe in love at all but she made him and that too at first sight.

She was a goddess in his eyes. The woman who took his heart without remorse and guilt with those honey, brown eyes. He was crazy for her. He thought that he's psychotic or insane with how much want he had for her. He had never felt this way too but unlike her, he embraced it the moment he felt it. It was that ecstatic to him.

Finally, the world will see a strong man fall once again for a beautiful woman to create an unforgettable story, once again.

                         ******************

The house was full. The preparation for the first event of the wedding was in swing. The smell of flowers made the atmosphere lovely with the all-known desi songs playing in the background, the maids and the woman in the house were running like headless chickens to get everything done while the men completed their own tasks to attend every event to it's measure.

Today is the nikkah. It's been two weeks since Waleed proposed to her, ten days since her approval and a week since the preparations had been started.

They decided that the nikkah should be done first on insistance of Waleed and his grandparents. They wanted to tie the knot as soon as possible as they don't want any complications in between. It was happening in the house itself.

"Noor api! Waleed bhai ki call ayi thi Abbo ke pas. Wo late hojayenge traffic ki wajah se." At his name, my ears perked up and my heart rate fastened. He's busy even today? Karte kiya hain ye?

"Zyada tension lene ki zaroorat nahi hai, apne hi nikkah per kon nahi ata?" The duo was back together as Farah winked at me and I shook my head at them. It actually turned out that they buried the seed of mine and Waleed's marriage to the mom's of the house. They might've said it as a joke but they don't know that you don't make jokes about matters like these. Look, where it got me. I chuckled at my amusing thoughts and glanced at myself in the mirror.

The white full body maxy designed with sequins and artwork is a masterpiece and the red veil with heavy work on it complimented the suit a lot. My nikkah had already been done in my room earlier and now, we're waiting for the most wanted guest. All men went to pray zohr namaz in the masjid first. I had prayed before I got the dress on, obviously.

I requested to Laiba Chachi, who's a former beautician, to keep my makeup as natural as possible but Ami was adamant to make me wear a red lipstick. I was not a big fan of dark makeup but I did don some light makeup here and there.

"Bhai agaye. Nikkah shuru hogaya hai." Farah entered the my room and informed all of us. Except Ami, every woman was here. The girls were chattering non-stop and the aunties wouldn't stop talking about new fashion and trends. I was so bored as Amara had not been talking with me since Waleed's proposal. She was fine before that and I'm not stupid that I wouldn't get the hint. I thought she just had a little crush and it'd pass with time but I was wrong clearly.

"Hogaya nikkah. Bohot bohot mubarak ho." The room erupted with more noises but my mind was focused on one thing. I'm Noor Waleed Khan now. A wife, officially. I'm afraid, to be honest. I have an idea how marrriage works but I can't help but be careful as I don't want to mess anything up.

I couldn't think more as I was hauled to the living room where I was greeted with the fragrance and sight of many kinds of roses and flowers. The house had a very different vibe because this is the first and only marriage in our house. I can't believe I'm being the one married off first.

Wa

y too soon, I was gazing in the familiar green intense eyes which made me shiver and look away in a second like always. I can never hold his gaze. Like ever. I was sat beside him and the pictures were being taken crazily. I was so close to him that I could smell his manly cologne even in the middle of all the different perfumes all around.

"Arey bhai, apka nikkah hogaya hai. Thora to qareeb bethein or koi poses waghera dein." Ayesha uttered shamelessly and Tariq bhai smacked the back of her head as I blushed profusely. Waleed turned his head to look at me and smirked devilishly. Gorgeous devil.

"Main to yahi chahta hon bas, begum mohtarma ki ijazat chahye." I looked at him, shocked. Did he really say that out loud? The youngsters cheered again and Ami appeared to be the most happiest and giddiest.

"Ye kiya bhabhi? Ab to nikkah hogaya. Aesa na karein bhai ke sath." I felt uncomfortable when I felt the faraway relatives scrutinizing us. I felt sparks travel through me when a warm, large hand encompassed my soft one. My breath hitched at his touch. We were holding hands.

"J

o dekh raha hai use dekhne dein. Mera jo dil chahe main apni biwi se kahon. They can go f*** themselves." I gasped at his words which were whispered to me. His rough, husky voice with his hands on me produced sparks all over me and I found myself being extremely turned on.

"Waleed! A-aese nahi k-kehte." I whispered to him softly.

"You're just too kind. Aese logon ko bulate hi kion hain? Dumba**es." He sweared once again and my hand loosend its grip on his before he held my hand even tighter than earlier.

"Agar kisi ne sun liya to kiya hoga? Stop swearing."

"To kiya? Last time I remembered, I didn't give two f***s about it."

What have I gotten myself into?
**************************

How do you like this chapter? Drop your comments and vote lovely readers! 🌹❤️