Chapter 9

The matrimonial day has arrived. The day of the union between two souls. Their nikkah is happening today. The males will be with the groom in the masjid for nikkah while the bride's nikkah will be attended at the hotel they rented for the day. The huge banquet was decorated perfectly. Sitting in the bride's room, Maria, Aria, her sisters and Ayesha were accompanying her. She had already signed the nikkah papers which Huzaifa brought. Everyone is present outside at the moment.

Amal is wearing a heavy violet, purple and pink jora. The blouse is dark purple and the violet sharara contrasted with the blouse. The light pink dupatta with golden hints here and there is covering her head modestly.

Amal sat on the other side of the flower wall which was created between them. The qazi started to recite surahs and minutes later she heard his husky voice say in a low voice.

"Qubool hai." Her heart is beating erratically that she was afraid everyone could've heard it. Aria put her hand on her daughter's shoulder and she gave a look to her mother. The qazi has asked her already and she is sitting zip lipped.
(I accept.)

"Q-qubool hai." As the nikkah ended, everyone hugs each other and the wall between them got removed. Her doe eyes trailed all over him as he did the same. Their was an unfamiliar urgency in Amal as she stared at her husband. She is Amal Salaar Sikander now. They stood up and their cousins cheered to take her veil which covered her face to be taken off. Despite being upset with her, he couldn't help but stare at the beauty infront of him who is now his wife. With the eye contact intact, he took her veil off and took a deep breath. The first thing his eyes caught were her teary ones.
(I accept.)

He frowned but she smiled in return. His eyes drifted to the red lips which were testing his patience. They sat down on the two seater couch and the event continued. Salaar didn't utter a word to her nor did he sit close to her even after the nikkah. Amal's heart clenched and her hands were clammy. Ya Allah, ab kiya karon?
(Oh, Allah. What should I do now?)

After the rukhsati, the car ride was quiet except Huzaifa's chatter. Returning to the villa, they did a number of rasams again including joota chupai and doodh pilai. Both of them were eating dinner when Amal got escorted to his room as he was still eating his food.

The room she saw was a little different from how it was usually. His room was dark from the furniture to the curtains to the bedsheets but a few changes were made. A new dressing which was off white in color, the bedsheets were of red velvet and there was a cream and brown carpet on the dark floor. The room had daisies and lilies for the decor.

Amal sat on the bed as her mother kissed her forehead and left the bedroom. She waited for a while and assessed her new room. Their room. The opening of the door caught her attention and she straightened immediately. He closed the door and took his sherwani off. Without a glance at her, he sat on the sofa in the room, took his shoes off, got his clothes from the closet and closed the bathroom door behind him.

Amal was shell shocked with his behavior. Isn't he over reacting a bit? She thought and sighed. Maine to sirf hath pakarne ke liye mana kiya tha. Ye to aese act kar rahe hain jese maine kisi or ka pakra ho. Main bhi ab ignore karongi inhe. She was expecting a gift and a loving conversation with him like she always thought of when marriage came to her mind.
(I only resisted from holding his hand. He's acting as if I held someone else's hand. I will ignore him too.)

Meri tareef tak nahi ki. With little tears in her eyes, she took all her jewelry off along with her heels. At that moment, she exited the bathroom and she stared at him. Will he talk to me now? She thought but was disappointed again when he checked his phone and put it back on the nightstand. He laid down and put a hand over his eyes.
(He didn't even praise me.)

She changed her clothes in the closet and removed her makeup in the bathroom after a quick shower. Drying her hairs, she was applying her night cream and her eyes drifted to him again. He was wearing a black t-shirt with gray pajamas. This is how my wedding night is going to end? The thought was horrifying to her. She laid on her side of the bed softly. Nahi, nahi. Ghalti meri hai. Mujhe baat karni chahye.
(No, it is my fault. I should talk to him.)

"S-Salaar?" She called him softly but didn't heard an answer.

"Kiya a-ap so rahe hain?" Again, instead of a reply, he turned his back on her. With a sigh, she laid back and the tears she was holding back since after their nikkah, finally dropped. She turned her back to him so that he wouldn't hear her. He felt his heart stop as heard a little sniffle from behind him.
(Are you sleeping?)

He sat up quickly and turned the bedside lamp on.

"Amal?" He called her and tried to take the blanket off of her under which she was hiding. He took it off and grabbed her delicate elbow to get her up. Her small face was all red and her cheeks were wet with tears.

"Damnit, Amal." With a pull, he hugged her to his chest where his heart was beating abnormally. He hated himself at the moment.

"Sssh, meri jaan. I'm sorry, I'm sorry please stop crying." He was literally begging her as she continued crying. He pulled her back and cupped her chubby cheeks. Wiping the tears away, he kissed her eyes which she had closed.
(Sssh, my life.)

"Ye dekho ye pyari ankhein poori laal hogayi hain. Stop torturing me." She sniffled and looked away from him.
(Look, these pretty eyes have gotten so red.)

"I'm sorry, Salaar. M-mujhe apke s-sath a-aesa nahi-"
(I shouldn't have done-)

"Nahi, bilkul bhi nahi. Bohot bura shohar hon main jisne apni biwi ko shadi ki raat hi rula diya. Ap chahein to mujhe thappar bhi mar lein." He interrupted her innocent mumbles and she giggled at his words. She shook her head cutely and hugged his huge torso again. Kiya kisi ko hug karna itna comfortable hota hai? Kisi or ke sath to kabhi aesa nahi laga.
(Not at all. I'm such a bad husband that I made my wife cry on our wedding night. You can slap me if you want to.)
(Should hugging be this comfortable? I didn't feel like this with others.)

"Ap bilkul ek teddy bear ko resemble karte hain." She let out a whisper against his shoulder as he breathed her sweet scent in.
(You completely resemble a teddy bear.)

"Teddy bear?" He said confusingly. He did NOT have a body of a teddy bear. The thought was disturbing to him.

"Ji. Ap uski tarah itne bare hain or comfortable bhi." A smile took over her face as she looked up at him. He caressed her small face in his large hands and kissed her forehead eventually.
(Yes. You're huge like it and comfortable too.)

"We'll talk about teddy bears later. Sleep. It's late."
***************

What do you think about Salaar? Comment and vote❤️