chapter 26

taytum

"all done." i dust off my hands and lean back on the counter. we were all in the kitchen now and i had just finished putting everything into the oven to cook.

"alcohol anyone?" i ask then, moving towards the cupboard where it's stored. everyone takes the alcohol except tobi since he isn't much of a drinker. i personally would take very little since i don't want to turn out like my dad.

after i hand out the drinks tobi makes his way towards me and wraps me in an embrace. "you okay tobes?" i ask looking up at him. he smiles down at me and nods. "i'm just happy your here."

i smile and go on my tiptoes to give him a little peck. once i pull away i see jj inching towards the oven. "jj get away from the oven now." i warn.

he jumps, realising he was caught. "but-"

"no buts, after what happened last time you have proved us you can't cook."

he slumps and walks away from the oven in a huff causing me to giggle.

"who can i trust to keep an eye on the food and take it out at the right time?" i ask the girls.

"me!" josh exclaims, i look at freya who just shrugs. "okay josh you it is."

"okay come on back in then guys! i want to decorate more!" talia shouts dragging me in by the arm.

we are now back to decorating and messing around. we have fixed our damaged christmas tree. it's been 30 minutes when i smell something strange. is something burning?

"oh my god!" i shout running into the kitchen grabbing the attention of the boys around me. "shit!" i also hear josh shout running after me.

when i make it to the kitchen, smoke is coming out of the oven. i quickly grab a tea towel, turn off the oven then open it, sweeping away the smoke, coughing due to its thickness.

i wrap the tea towel around my hand and lift out the multiple trays of burnt food. i throw them in the sink and quickly run cold water over them.

the fire alarms then go off. i turn around and see the boys looking flabbergasted and tobi comes speed walking towards me.

before he says anything he turns around cursing at josh. "josh fucking turn the alarm off."

josh scrambles to try turn the alarm off. once it stops he turns to me grabbing my hands. "did you burn yourself."

i shake my head. "no no i'm fine." he sighs in relief.

that's when jj bursts out laughing. we all turn to him with confused looks on our faces.

"we- we are grown ass a-adults and we can't m-ake oven food." he struggles to get out.

we all join in with his laughter. "mcdonald's anyone?" i suggest, i know i don't like mcdonald's but i could do with a milkshake. plus i know how much everyone else loves mcdonald's and i don't want to be selfish about it.

tobi looks at me again. "but you don't like mcdonald's." he says with a frown on his face. i shrug. "but you do." i argue.

"but-"