chapter 31

taytum

i stand frozen, staring into the eyes of the man that would never have the privilege of being called my father.

my heart hammering against my ribcage.

why is he here? in a club? why is he out of jail? how did he get out?

the girls have frozen aswell, confusing etched on all of their faces, not knowing why i was acting in such a way.

"fancy seeing you here." my father smirks at me in a taunting way.

i stay stood where i am, not being able to move or open my mouth to talk.

the girls must notice my uncomfortable and shocked posture as freya catches the attention of my father. "who are you?" she asks.

my fathers eyes divert to the blonde. "i'm micheal."

the girls must be so confused right now. "what? i'm sorry but how do you know taytum?"

"oh well dear, taytum here would be my daughter."

i can feel the tension in the air now once the girls realise who and what he is to me.

someone reaches out and grabs my hand pulling me back, taking me out of my frozen state.

"stay away from her." eilise scowls, hee stare threatening. she of all people know what he's done, since she was the one to witness me that night in tobis apartment.

the music has now drained out of mt ears as i focus intently on my father, analysing all his movements, not wanting him to hurt the people i love.

my father shakes his head and tuts. "silly girls, i'm not here to harm you taytum, i'm here to warn you."

i look at him confused and build up the courage to speak. "what?"

he smirks again. "i'm coming for you." and with that he turns and is lost in the swarm of people.

he's coming for me?

what if he takes me away from everyone i love now?

what if he takes me away from tobi?

i'm snapped out of my thoughts when eilise starts shaking me.

that's when i realise my unsteady breaths and the lack of oxygen getting to my lungs.

"breath taytum breath." she soothes. i look aroind frantically and see fear in all the girls eyes.

i shake my head trying to grab my chest, thinking that it was gonna help me get my breath.

i can't breath. i feel claustrophobic. i need out of here.

i walk forward unsteadily. talia grabs onto me. "coke on, we need to get her out of here."

we push past all the drunk people dancing. my eyes start to blur with tears.

why was he here?

why can't he leave me alone?

"we are nearly here sweetie." talia soothes as we are a few steps from the entrance.