Chapter 10 - The First Move

Nick's POV

We all get apartment and see that Sai, Otis, and Christian are not at the apartment. They must still be out with their parents or they went to the Rugby House with the team. Either way, I send our group chat a quick message telling them about the gang spending the night before I open the front door. Everyone piles inside and we gather on the floor and the sofas in the common room. Everyone is talking and trying to figure out what to do. "We can do a movie marathon?" I suggest when there is a pause in the conversation. "As long as it's not a Marvel marathon, I will be happy." Tao says and crosses his arms confidently. Everyone turns to face me, my jaw slightly dropped. "Marvel is Nick's favorite, Tao." Elle says while giggling. "And I think because we are doing a movie marathon at Nick's, we can watch what he wants." Imogen adds. Again, everyone looks at me. "I guess we can watch the Harry Potters?" I say very uncertainly but everyone jumps on the idea!

"Can Ben come?" Imogen asks as we set up blankets and pillows for everyone on the ground. I quickly scan the room and notice Charlie tense up and look at the ground. "Maybe next time, Imogen. We can just keep it to us?" I suggest. My mind races to the sight of Charlie and him kissing. I do not want to make him uncomfortable. "Plus no one really knows him besides you, Imogen." Darcy remarks, adding a small chuckle which causes everyone to laugh. He was an orientation leader and Imogen's longest friend... and Charlie's crush? But besides that, know one knows him. He sometimes hangs out with Harry even though he's not on the Rugby team.

Her eyes get sad but Sahar kisses her cheek softly and pulls her into a tight hug. I look at Charlie who is still looking at the ground, nervously. He looks like he is almost lost in thought. I walk over to him which breaks his trance. "You alright Charlie?" I whisper, placing my arm on the outside of his bicep. His eyes squint slightly and a small groan escapes his lips. I remove my hand and nervously wrap my arms tightly to my chest. "Sorry. I'm fine. Just cold actually." He says and shyly laughs. "Come with me." I saw with a small smile.

He follows me to my bedroom and waits just inside the entryway. I open my closet door and grab the first jumper I see. I turn around and see him looking at the decorations around my room. I watch him for a few moments as his gaze bounces from trophies to posters to pictures until his eyes meet mine. He blushes and places a hand awkwardly behind his neck. I laugh a little before walking up to him, handing him the jumper. He places his arms in the sleeve and before he slings it over his shoulders, he says, "It's a bit big." This causes us both to laugh. His hair gets a little shuffled so I gently fluff his beautiful dark curls, bringing a little life back to them. My hand moves from the front and top of his hair to the back. My fingers running through the strands softly until my palm is lightly holding the side of his head, my thumb just behind his right ear. I unintentionally flex my fingers, feeling the softness of this hair which causes me to smile.

I feel myself loose my breath when I look into his watercolor blue eyes. I get lost in them as I softly play with his hair. Neither of us break up this moment. I feel his right hand slip perfectly into mine, our fingers naturally intertwining. My head slowly falls and our forehands rest against each other softly. My eyes softly close, just taking in this heartwarming moment with Charlie. What feels like seconds passes when I hear my name being called. Charlie quickly lets my hand go and takes a step back from me. "Uh," He clears his throat. "Thanks Nick." He quickly walks back to the common room. I lean my head against my doorframe and run my hand through my hair, taking a deep breath to try and catch my breath. I close my eyes quickly, trying to relive that perfect moment before I head back to the common room.

"I have it ready to go. I also made everyone a little drink or relax and-" Tara says but is interrupted by Elle coming in from the kitchen. "We found your popcorn so we made some bowls for everyone to share." She says, placing about four large bowls on the common room table. I smile and look for the closest, open spot to sit. It's actually next to Charlie which makes my heart skip a beat and I can't help but smile. I climb over Tara and Isaac and sit next to Charlie. He raises the blanket slightly, asking if he wanted to be under it as well. I smile and take the offered end, placing it on my lap. I look over to him right as the movie starts and we smile at each other brightly. Lovingly even.