Chaper 11 - Secrets

❗️Warning: Panic Attack/Anxiety/SH

Charlie's POV

The sun peaks through the window ever so slightly, causing me to wake up. I scan the room  and see everyone is sleeping on the ground. When I try to sit up,  I feel a heaviness on my shoulder. I turn my head slightly and look to see Nick, sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. Our hands still intertwined from last night. I can't help but smile to myself. I brush my thumb against his knuckles softly. I let my cheek rest against his head and slowly close my eyes, savoring the moment.

I feel Nick stir slightly and I feel him try and look up at me, a sleepy smile spreading across his face as we make eye contact. He closes his eyes and turns his head to rest it again on my shoulder. "Morning Char." He whispers. "Good morning." I whisper and squeeze his hand a little tighter. I hear him let out a slight happy groan which makes me giggle. "Do you want some tea?" He asks softly. "Yes please."

It takes him a few moments before he slowly sits up, looking at me with a bright smile. "What?" I ask quietly, trying not to be too loud. He doesn't say anything, but brushes a few strands of my curls to the side. His hand falls to hold my cheek, his index finger wrapping around a curl, which he swirls a few times. I look down, trying to hide my obvious blushing. I feel his hand fall from my face and before I could look back up, I feel his finger rest under my chin. He tilts my chin up slightly and I loose my breath as he smiles at me. His thumb falls and brushes my lower lip and my eyes  can't help but flutter before closing completely. I feel the sofa shift as he leans closer to me. His thumb moves from my lips to my cheek. I feel his breath against my skin and his lips brush mine so softly. With the slight touch we both lean back, nervously.

We both look at the room and see everyone unmoving, still sleeping. His hand is still on my cheek and we smile nervously at each other. I look at our friends again and scan the room one last time.

I quickly take his face in my hands and pull his to mine, our lips crashing together. My stomach fills with butterflies and I feel sparks flying around us. My one hand moves to the back of his neck, my fingers running through his hair softly. I feel his free hand move to the small of my back as he almost tugs me closer to him. In the heat of the moment, I turn my body to completely face him but he has another idea.

He quickly pulls me across his legs. I can't help but brace my knees on the side of his hips, both his hands moving to my back. I feel his one hand slide softly up my back until it reaches my hair, his fingers intertwining with my curls. I let out a small surprised inhale as I move my arms to rest on his shoulders, my hands wrapping behind his neck. I feel him let out a small giggle against my lips which causes me to smile. I lean back as his hands fall to the middle of my back, helping me balance.

We both try to catch our breath, holding back our laughs so we do not wake anyone up. He looks behind me before smiling even wider than before which I wasn't sure was possible. He bites his lips softly which causes something to stir inside me and I can't help but lean down to kiss him more passionately. This lasts for a few more moments before I hear something behind me. I tense up slightly which Nick pulls back immediately to notice. He looks around my body before blushing harder. I turn around to see some sleepy shuffles, but no one opens their eyes. I smile at him softly before climbing off him. I sit right next to him, our legs pressed together. He grabs my hand softly and brushes his thumb against my knuckles. I look at our hands briefly before looking at him.

He is looking at me in such a way that my heart skips a beat. I can't help but giggle softly which makes him blush and I can't help but smile. We get lost in each other's eyes until we hear someone make a noise. I quickly let go of his hand and look at the pile of our friends. The first one to move is Tori who rubs her eyes as she sits up. Then, like dominos, everyone starts to sit up and talk.