Chapter 15 - Official First Date Jitters

❗️Trigger: Bullying and Panic Attacks

Nick's POV

I drive Charlie and I back to my house, my flatmates decided to go out for dinner after practice with the rugby team which leaves the house free for me to get ready without stressing. The entire car ride, Charlie held my hand and brushed his thumb lightly over my skin. When I park the car in the driveway, I lean over and plant a kiss on his lips quickly before climbing out.

We walk inside and right to my bedroom and I shut the door behind us. When I turn back around after locking it, I am lightly forced against the door frame. Charlie is lovingly kissing me, full of passion and happiness. I can't help but smile against his lips. Our moment lasts a minute or two before I pull away first, trying to catch my breath. I laugh a little before taking a deep breath. "I should probably get ready." I say. He looks into my eyes for a few seconds before placing his hand against my cheek, brushing his thumb against my cheekbone. He smiles at me before kissing my cheek. "Okay. I'll just wait in your bed." He giggles and starts to walk to my bed.

I quickly grab his forearm, causing him to turn around. "You can come in and talk to me if you want." I suggest. He raises his eyebrows, surprised. He doesn't answer immediately so I feel my heart rate to rise. I let go of his hand and pull my arms across my chest. "Never mind. It was just a suggestion. You can just forget it." I say quickly. His eyes are still a little wide so I quickly grab a few things from my drawers and skip into the bathroom. I throw my stuff on the ground and walk over to the mirror, gripping the countertop. I look at myself and close my eyes quickly. Why would you suggest that, Nick? Why would you have said that? My thoughts begin to spiral until I hear a knock on the door. "Nick." It's Charlie.

I walk over slowly to the door, opening it slightly to look at Charlie. He has a shy smile on his face. "I would love to talk to you while you shower. You can tell me how practice was." The smile never leaves his face. I look into his eyes before opening the door more, allowing him to come in. He walks over to the countertop sink and sits on the countertop. "I won't peak if that's what you are nervous about." He jokes which causes my face to immediately flush. I walk over to him, resting my hands on the countertop next to his hips. I kiss his lips longingly, savoring our moment. He breaks away first. "You need to shower right now if we ever want to go on this date." He giggles, blushing slightly. I laugh before stepping away from him.

Thankfully, the countertop looks at the door and the shower door faces the opposite direction so he cannot see me naked. Just the thought sends a small shiver down my back. As I shower, I tell him how my rugby practice was and how a practice normally goes. He tells me about his project with Tara and Darcy for his Spanish class. Right when he finishes, I turn the shower water off and grab the towel hanging next to the glass door.

I dry myself off quickly and wrap the towel around my waist. Without thinking, I round the shower and come over to the sink where Charlie is sitting. He blushes hard and tries to not look at me. I shyly smile and place my finger under his chin, lifting his face to look at me. We look into each other's eyes for a few moments before I feel my towel fall on the ground. My eyes widen in fear as Charlie starts to laugh, looking up at the ceiling. I quickly grab my towel and cling it around my body tightly, my face bright red from embarrassment. Charlie kisses my cheek softly before jumping off the counter. "I'll give you a few minutes alone." He laughs before walking out of the bathroom leaving me alone.

_______________________________

"So where are we going?" Charlie asks as we walk back to my car. "I thought we could go to the movies? You were walking about seeing the new Hunger Games Prequel and Tao-" I start to say, but like being on the same wavelength, we both say "doesn't like anything besides film movies." This causes both of us to laugh. We hop in the car and buckle up. "Um, I made a playlist." He says as I am about to plug in my phone to my car. He looks at his phone, fidgeting with it. I smile and enthusiastically place my hand out. He laughs, a little awkwardly, but places the phone in my hand. I plug his phone back in before handing him the phone back.