Chapter 24 - Trying Something New

❗️Triggers: Anxiety, Body Dysmorphia, OCD Tendencies, Smut
Charlie's POV

Nick comes back to the table right as I jump off the cushions of the booth. "That was truly spectacular. I don't think I will ever forget that." Darcy says, clapping their hands. "Darcy, shut up. Now." Tao says, his face red from being on the stage, as he comes to sit down at the table. "I need this." He adds, grabbing a random glass on the table and chugging it down.

Nick is last of the group to come back to the group and plops down next to me. "That was horrible and embarrassing." He says laughing. "No, it wasn't! it was awfully enjoyable." I saw, a large grin on my face as I wrap my arm around his shoulder. "Key word there is awful." He sighs. He leans against me in my arm as he rests his head against my shoulder. "I liked it." I whisper near his ear. I can't hear him, but I feel him laugh a little.

"I told you a large group of mates singing ABBA would totally win the crowd." Sai says, placing his hand out. Sahar goes into her satchel on the chair and pulls out her wallet to hand him money. So does Elle and Tara. "I really didn't think we would that get a large crowd of strangers joining us on stage." Isaac remarks and I can't help but laugh. "You know you're in a gay bar, right?" I joke and everyone laughs.

"Let's get one more round of shots and then we can call the cars?" Elle suggests eagerly. "Where are we going to next another bar or just home?" Tori asks, wrapping her arms across her chest. "I think this was a nice little teaser of how tomorrow is going to go for the Halloween parties." Imogen says, clapping her hands happily.

I hold onto Nick's hand tightly before looking at him. "Want to head back to our apartment and then we can all sleep there tonight?" Isaac suggests, smiling brightly between Tao and me. "It is the biggest apartment space compared to everyone else's places." Tao says, tapping his finger against his lip like he's thinking. "Charlie is that okay?" Isaac asks. I smile and shake my head. "It's settled. Let's get going then." Tao says, holding out his hand to pull Elle up from the chairs. Nick wraps lets go of my hand to just wiggle his way to interlock our arms as he gets us up.

"Can we wait outside? It's getting packed in here." Otis asked. "Yeah, the rides should be here in a few minutes." Sahar says before adding, "Also its getting way to hot in here with all these people." Imogen giggles a little before intertwining her hand in Sahar's. "Ready?" Nick asks against my ear. I smile and lean up to kiss his cheek softly. "Yeah, I am."

We all make our way outside and create a little circle on the sidewalk. "Charlie?" Tori says, getting my attention. "What's up?" I say as I switch spots with Nick in our circle. "Is it okay if Micheal and I stay with you too?" I look at her for a second before answering. "Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't you be able to?" I laugh a little which makes her look to the ground and grab her forearm. "Tori," I grab around her elbow and pull her away from the crowd, "What is it?" I ask, trying to stay calm. "I just don't want to intrude on your life and your friends and your college experience." She says flatly before crossing her arms across her chest. "Tori..." I pause to move in and hug her tightly, savoring the moment. "Tori, you never could do that. My friends are your friends. I want you to intrude my life, sometimes I need it even. Us being together again, in a brand new place, away from Mum, it's just what I wanted." She continues to hold me for a few moments before letting go entirely.

"Thanks Charles." She says and punches my shoulder lightly. "Thank you, Tori." I say before nudging my head back to the group. She responds with a simple nod before we walk back to the circle. "Rides are here!" Tara shouts as three cars pull up before skipping with Darcy to one of the cars. I stand next to Nick who looks down at me before place a quick but passionate kiss on my lips. We walk into the car and get in its his flatmates, us going all the way to the third row. The guys are all laughing and singing along to the music on the speaker while I sit next to Nick, resting my head on his shoulder. "That was fun and we get to do it all again tomorrow." Nick says before kissing the top of my head. "But in costumes!" The guys shout and Nick and I can't hold back our laughter.