Chapter 14 - Band Jams and Boyfriends

Charlie's POV

The rest of the week flies by which I am kind of grateful for. I get so nervous on the days I have class with Ben but he actually looks normal when I see him. He does roll his eyes at me but at least he doesn't look so tired. I guess that's better? Later tonight Tara and Darcy are coming to my apartment to work on our Spanish presentation which is due next Friday... We have not started it so I need it done as soon as possible before I go crazy. I have to write a paper too this weekend for my Creative Writing form and start to think of a topic to write about for that elective class. My statistics class on Tuesday/Thursday, I already did my homework. I am also really good at maths so I barely pay attention in the form and get my homework done quickly.

"Charlie, you coming to the music club tonight? It's the first meeting for the school year." Sahar says from the end of the table. I chew the last bit of my fruit cup before answering. "Yeah I wouldn't miss it. I am actually really excited." She smiles back at me before she continues to eat. I feel a familiar hand on my knee and I look over at Nick who is smiling softly at me, looking proud even. I shyly look down, trying to hide my face flushing a little. I take his hand in my hand and intertwine our fingers. "We are still good to come over after our at 15:00, Charlie?" Tara asks. "Yeah, we need to get this presentation done so we don't have to worry about it until next Friday." I laugh. "It also helps that Charlie can speak Spanish and knows a lot of about Spain." Darcy jokes which causes the table to chuckle a little.

Nick taps on my knuckles with his thumb to get my attention. "I didn't know you speak Spanish." He says which makes me giggle a little. "My Dad is from Spain. I can sorta speak Spanish but I understand it more than I actually speak it, you know what I mean?" He smiles at me before looking from my eyes to my lips and back again. He bites his lip a little and I get that rush through my body. I wish we were alone...

"Charlie, I am going to the library instead of back to the apartment." Isaac reminds me as he stands up from the table. "Yeah, I will see you a little later Isaac!" I yell as he starts to walk away, opening his book to read as he walks. "I have to go too, I have an exam in my form." Nick says, squeezing my hand tightly before letting go to stand up. He smiles at me before waving to the group and walking to away. "My form doesn't start for another hour so I am going to get some more to eat." Tao says which causes myself, Sahar, Imogen, and Elle to laugh at him. "I'm going to great a drink so I will come with you." Elle says which causes Tao's cheeks to get a little flushed. I look at the girls before watching Tao and Elle walk back into the food area. "They are so a thing." Imogen says like a true fangirl which causes Sahar and I to laugh. "Oh definitely, you are going to need to get me the details girls." I say while laughing.

__________________________

"Who is doing most of the talking because it's for sure not me." Darcy says which causes Tara and I to laugh. "You have to say something for it to count." I remind. "Well I can say 'This is our presentation' and 'thank you, any questions?'" She starts laughing so much, she grabs at her side. Probably a side stitch. Tara kisses her cheek lovingly. "How long have you been dating? If you don't mind me asking." I say which causes Tara to smile with such excitement. "We have been dating since Year 11 at Higgs. So, we are going on 4 years!" Tara says, her hands shaking with excitement. Darcy takes her hands in her's before saying "We have been friends for almost 10 years now too." I smile with their happiness. I want a relationship like this...

"Are you still talking to Ben?" Tara asks, a slight hesitation in her voice. "Oh no, he was horrible." I say and laugh, trying to mask my uncomfortableness. "Yeah he's a dick." Darcy says flatly, causing Tara to hit his arm. "We don't really interact with him. He's really only Imogen's friend. They have been friends since they were little. I think they were neighbors growing up." I just nod my head. "So besides him, Charles, any other crushes?" Tara jokes, poking my shoulder. My face immediately gets red and there is no way of me hiding it.