Journey To The Capital

[Kingsroad]

Unfortunately, the King had decided their return to the capital could not be delayed much longer.

This meant Bran would not join his father and sisters on the journey South as planned.

He was still unconscious, his mother having not left his side.

Jon Snow, Lord Stark's baseborn son, would journey to the Wall, with his Uncle Benjen.

Robb was now the Lord of Winterfell in his father's absence.

So much had changed so quickly.

Currently the party had stopped for rest on their way to the capital.

"Gods, this is country!" King Robert exclaimed after he had gotten done pissing on a tree. "I've half a mind to leave them all behind and keep going."

"I've half a mind to go with you."

The group had stopped for rest and the King and his new Hand had taken this chance to indulge in some wine, mainly the King.

"What do you say, just you and me on the Kingsroad, swords at our sides, a couple of tavern wenches to warm our beds tonight." Robert suggested.

"You should have asked me twenty years ago." Now, he was devoted to Cat and his children.

"There were wars to fight, women to marry... We nevr had the chance to be young."

"I recall a few chances."

"There was that one... Oh, what was her name? That common girl of yours? Becca? With the great big tіts you could bury your face in."

Of course leave it to Robert Baratheon to not remember every lady he had lain with.

"Bessie. She was one of yours." Eddard reminded him.

"Bessie! Thank the gods for Bessie and her tіts. Yours was... Aleena? No. You told me once. Meryl? Your bastard's mother?"

"Wylla."

"That's it. She must have been a rare wench to make Lord Eddard Stark forget his honor. You nevr told me what she looked like."

"Nor will I."

"We were at war. None of us knew if we were gonna go back home again. You're too hard on yourself. You alwys have been. I swear if I weren't your King, you'd have hit me already."

"The worst thing about your coronation... I'll nevr get to hit you again."

"Trust me, that's not the worst thing. There was a rider in the night."

He passed Lord Stark a piece of parchment.

"Daenerys Targaryen has wed some Dothraki horselord."

"What of it? Should we send her a wedding gift?"

"A knife perhaps, a good sharp one, and a bold man to wield it."

"She's little more than a child."

"Soon enough that child will spread her legs and start breeding."

"Tell me we're not speaking of this."

"Oh, it's unspeakable to you? What her father did to your family... That was unspeakable. What Rhaegar Targaryen did to your sister... the woman I loved. I'll kill every Targaryen I get my hands on."

"But you can't get your hands on this one, can you?"

"This Khal Drogo, it's said he has 100 000 men in his horde."