Rallying In The Capital

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Throne Room]

News of Morgana's defiance spread quickly through the castle, and the tension that had been simmering beneath the surface erupted like a volcano. Servants and guards alike hurried about their business with furrowed brows and worried expressions, sensing the shift in the air. Even the stablemaster, looked troubled as he tended to the horses, his eyes darting about as if he expected an attack at any moment.

Cersei sat on the Iron Throne. She was surrounded by Jaime, Qyburn, The Mountain and members of her Queensguard.

Many lords were in attendance including Randyll Tarly.

Following her daughter's refusal to return to the Capital, and news of Daenerys' arrival on Dragonstone, she decided she needed to gather as much support as possible, to even the odds.

"If the Mad King's daughter takes the Iron Throne, she will destroy the Realm as we know it. The traitor, Robb Stark, and his mother, live. He has proclaimed himself King In The North."

Cersei's words hung in the air as the assembled lords and ladies of Westeros exchanged knowing glances. They had all been summoned to the Red Keep, each for an audience with the Queen. It was no secret that the political landscape of the Seven Kingdoms was more fractured than ever before. The war between the Starks and the Lannisters had left a power vacuum, and now Cersei was desperately trying to gather allies.

The Tyrells, once powerful allies, had been reduced to a shadow of their former selves after the destruction of the Sept of Baelor. They blamed Cersei for the deaths of their lord, heir, and daughter, the Queen, Margaery. Dorne, too, was a wild card. The Martells had never truly forgiven the Lannisters for the murder of Princess Elia and her children, Aegon and Rhaenys. Myrcella was still in Dorne, betrothed to Prince Trystane.

Cersei considered her options carefully. The Lannister army was strong, but not unbeatable. She needed to find a way to rally support, to show the other great houses that she was still the rightful ruler of the Seven Kingdoms.

"Some of you are bannerman of House Tyrell. But, House Tyrell is in open rebellion against the Crown. With their help, the Mad King's daughter has ferried an army of savages to our shores. Mindless Unsullied soldiers who will destroy your castles and your holdfasts. Dothraki heathens who will burn your villages to the ground, rape and enslave your women, and butcher your children without a second thought. This is how Olenna Tyrell rewards centuries of service and loyalty."

The lords began murmuring amongst themselves.

"You all remember the Mad King. You remember the horrors he inflicted upon his people. His daughter is no different. In Essos, her brutality is already legendary. She crucified hundreds of noblemen in Slaver's Bay. And when she grew bored of that, she fed them to her dragons."
The murmuring grew louder.

"It is my solemn duty to protect the people, and I will, but I need your help, My Lords. We must stand together, all of us, if we hope to stop her."

Cersei Lannister, Queen of the Andals and the First Men and Protector of the Realm, spoke with passion and determination as she addressed the remaining Great Houses of Westeros. They had all gathered in the throne room, their faces a mixture of anger, fear, and resignation. She could see them weighing their options, wondering if they should side with her or against her. She knew that she was fighting an uphill battle, but she refused to give up.

"My Lords and Ladies, I understand that you are all weighing your options, but let me remind you of the stakes at hand. The North has declared independence, and my daughter is married to the traitor who led that rebellion. House Tyrell seeks revenge for the deaths of their kin at the Sept of Baelor, and Dorne remains a thorn in our side, holding my younger daughter hostage. We are at a crossroads, and the choice you make today will shape the future of Westeros for generations to come."