First Race

She stared at the pictures. It was the truth he looked fire. Hot and steamy. And she was fangirling.

Sofia decided that this was her new favorite way to start the day, with thirsttraps. Slowly she put her phone back down, still smiling widely. It took her a few moments before her heart beat was back to normal and she got out of bed.

The day went over quiet boring. She worked for the most of it, but at 4 she ended her last session and got ready to watch Arthur race. Just then she noticed that she never got an answer from him. The girl removed her laptop from her workstation and took it into the small living room. There she sat it up on the glass Table. After finding the right Onlineside, she went into the kitchen to get something to eat. Her fridge only had a yoghurt and some old Pasta left so she took the Yoghurt and flopped back down on the couch. Slightly bored of waiting Sofia searched for her phone. It wasn't in her Pants pocket; it wasn't on the table nor the couch. A little panic started to race insider her. The kitchen was empty as well and even her work desk was suspiciously empty. Now real panic sat in. The girl raced through every room and looked everywhere, but couldn't find anything.

After solid 10 minutes of planless searching she found the damn thing on the floor underneath her bed. Of course, the battery ran out. Back on the couch the girl plugged in and watched as the screen light up. The Video on the Laptop demanded her attention, as the race started. Sour she thought "I didn't even wish him luck, damn it. How dump" Her eyes followed the cars around the track until her phone buzzed. With half of her attention still on her laptop she unlocked it and waited until everything loaded. 7 Messages from Arthur

3 Messages from Charles

4 Messages from Alexandra

Arthur: haha, thanks

Arthur: As long as you're fangirling over me I allow it

Arthur: but that's just exception because it's me

Arthur: R U awake?

Arthur: Race is starting in a hour.

Arthur: Wish me Luck

Arthur: See U, well U hopefully see me, If you remember to watch it?

Charles: Hey r u alright? Arthur is trying to reach you

Charles: ?

Charles: Hello?????

Alexandra: Girl?

Alexandra: Are you alive?

Alexandra: I am going to call the police

Alexandra: Come one, for real???

Sofia started answering

To Alexandra: Sorry girl, I lost my phone under the bed without noticing and the Battery died at some part. I am fine.

To Charles: Hey sorry I lost my phone and didn't realize till now. Yeah I am texting Arthur now, I missed to wish him Luck ☹ You think he will be pissed?

To Alexandra: Did you call the police? Like should I expect them to break into my apartment?

To Arthur: Oh Arthy I am soo sorry, I lost my phone and I didn't notice until now. I was working so my battery ran out.

To Arthur: I wanted to wish you luck, but you already started. Still, Good luck

To Arthur: I am really sorry, and I am watching you right now.

She felt bad for forgetting about her phone. The unsettling feeling kept nipping on her thoughts until a Text message appeared on her phone.

Alexandra: You are a bit of an idiot you know?

Alexandra: Arthur called us in the middle of the night, because you wouldn't answer he thought something happened. Charles started worrying.

Alexandra: You are fine though? Right? And Arthur is gonna be fine. He can handle it, he is a big boy. And Charles says he forgot to wish him Luck some times too.

Sofia: Sorry, yes I am fine. I Just worked all day and I noticed the dump thing was missing when I realized I hadn't heard back from Arthur the hole day

Alexandra: Good god, R U watching his race?

Sofia: Yeah right now, its alright. I don't really know a lot about this stuff. Just the basics I would say.

Alexandra: I can relate its gets more with time 😉

Sofia: ... yeah I don't know what to say. Kinda lost here.

Alexandra: Let me call you, Charles is out for a run.

Sofia smiled and picked up the incoming call "Hey there" Alexandra sounded tired "Hey" Sofia kept staring at her Laptop while talking to her new friend "You sound tired. Are you alright?" Aleandra answered slowly "Yeah, like I said Arthur called and it was like 2 in the morning here, so... Juts lack of sleep. I don't of if I join Charles on the grid today." Sofia nodded "Oh yeah sorry about that, but I mean you don't have to go right? Charles wont mind?" "Yeah, no he doesn't mind, I do that sometimes when I need some time for me." Sofia groaned as two cars on her screen nearly collided. Alexandra groaned as well "What happened now?" Her friend laughed a little "Sorry, two of them in the race nearly crashed. I guess I am not used to that mind of... sport." She could hear some noises in the background of Alexandra before she answered "Yeah, wait till you see one in real life. Its really scary." The other girl put the empty yoghurt on her table "I don't I want to see that, thank you." The black haired laughed "You cant decide that. Sometimes it just happens. I saw Charles crash a lot." Sofia felt a little sad for the other girl "Must have been hard. Sounds like it sucks to go to these races." Her friend groaned "Well it for Charles so... I just go and hope for the best. But the grid can be fun as well, there are a lot of great people around so its fine." Suddenly she changed the topic "So you and Arthur have been texting?" Sofia laughed "Smooth switch." Both laughed "But yeah we texted. I noticed I still had his glasses. What have you been up to?" As Alexandra told her about the last week Sofia tried following the commentators of the race, but she always lost focus. The race was going for 30 Minutes. She knew from Arthur that the hole thing would do around 45 minutes. Invested she looked out for his car. Suddenly Alexandra interrupted "I need to go take a shower. Charles will be back soon too." Sofia smiled to herself "Of course. Have fun." The other girl answered "Thank you, we will be back on Monday evening. How about we eat together. We could order in, have a chill evening?" "Sounds fun, I am in. Just tell me when you land. You you need someone to come pick you up?" Charles voice come from afar "Babe, I am back." Alexandra yelled out "I am on the phone with Sofia, be there in a sec." To Sofia she said "Naw, we get picked up. I'll text you when we landed, yes?" "Sure, have fun. See you." Phone hung up.

Sofia focused on the last laps of the race until the checkered flag came out and it was over. Nervous the girl watched the cars return into the garages and the drivers getting out. Arthur landed a pretty decent ranking. A little calmer she opened his chat

Sofia: Congratulations. You did a great, I had fun watching you.

Sofia: Looking good btw, a little sweaty but suits you 😉

She closed her phone again, before she started cleaning up a bit. The video started showing videos of the winners and some interviews. The sound had something calming to her. After the space around her was clean enough she thought about going grocery shopping. The girl didn't expect Arthur to answer in the next time anyways so she went out.

After putting away her groceries she looked at the clock. Tired she cooked herself some more sauce for the rest Pasta in the fridge and sat down to eat dinner. Feeling lonely she opened social media and clicked trough some pages. When she found a picture of Charles and Alexandra from today. She made a screenshot and send it to her friend.