18 | Dinner Reunion

❦ 𝐆 𝐈 𝐀 𝐍 𝐍 𝐀

"What do you mean?" I ask, my confusion evident.

"You and him?" Dominic's question hangs in the air, and I respond quickly, "There's no me and him. We're just friends." His gaze lingers, assessing my honesty.

"What about that Zane?" he asks with a hint of disdain.

"Um, he's just someone I once had a crush," I admit, avoiding eye contact.

"Look at me," Dominic commands, and as I meet his gaze, he probes, "Do you still like him?" His raised brow demands an honest answer.

"Of course not. I only liked him for a few months until I found out he was a liar," I explain, revealing a past wound.

"What did he lie about?" Dominic inquires, delving into the details.

"He never told me he had a girlfriend."

"Hmm," he acknowledges, and then offers, "You want me to go with you tonight?"

"Tonight?" I question, surprised.

"I'm sure you have better things to do." I tell him not wanting to bother him with my personal problems.

"I don't. And I can help you get back at him," he adds, his determination clear.

"That's okay. I'm over it."

"So you'd rather go alone?" he questions.

"No, I'd like it if you come."

"Alright then, I'm coming with," he decides, and I simply nod.

"I'm going to need an outfit," I mention, glancing at the text from John about our plans.

"Okay," he responds, starting to get up. The scraping of the chair against the floor signals his movement.

"Where are you going?" I ask, puzzled by his sudden decision.

"You said you need an outfit?" he teases with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I know," I acknowledge, a smile playing on my lips.

"So let's go," he suggests, his eagerness evident.

"You want to come with me?" I question, a hint of surprise in my voice.

"Why not?" he replies nonchalantly, as if it's the most natural thing.

"Alright, let's go!" I say, enthusiasm matching his. We stride towards the exit, and he holds the door open, a small but courteous gesture. Stepping out, he follows me, and together we make our way to the mall, ready for a shopping adventure.

When we reach the mall, Dominic leads us to a luxurious one, and I laugh. "Dominic, no, did you forget I'm a broke college student?"

"I'm buying," he declares, holding the door open for me.

"What? No! You don't have to do that," I protest, but he simply responds, "I know."

Dominic enters the mall after me. "What do you think about this one?" I ask, selecting a dress from the rack.

He examines the dress before looking up at me. "It's beautiful."

"Really?" I say, feeling something missing.

"How about this one?" Dominic asks handing me a dress.

I gasp at the beauty of the beige dress. As I hold the it in my hands, I'm immediately struck by its tactile elegance. The fabric feels luxurious, a soft touch against my skin. The short length suggests a playful sophistication, and the way it drapes through my fingers hints at a subtle flow that will accompany my every movement.