Epilogue

❦ 𝐆 𝐈 𝐀 𝐍 𝐍 𝐀
Two Years later

A soft kiss on my forehead wakes me up from a nap. "Good morning, Tesero," Dominic smiles at me.

"Good morning, husband," I smile as I lift my head slightly to sit down.

He looks at me as if he's mesmerized. "I still can't believe you're my wife."

"Well, you better believe it." I wink at Dominic before giving him a quick peck on his lips. He smirks and pulls me closer, whispering, "That's right, and you're all mine."

My head falls back on the bed. I'm still tired.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I haven't been feeling well in the past few days, but I'm sure everything's fine.

"I'm okay." I say not wanting to worry him for nothing.

"Come to the living room with me for a second," he whispers, his hand warm and reassuring in mine, guiding me gently.

We walk out, and I hear someone yell, "Surprise!"

It's my best friend!

"Jazz, you're back." I cry as I run to her and hug her.

Jasmines left about six months ago to travel with John. I was happy for them but I really missed my best friend. She told me a week ago that she didn't think she'd make it in time for my New Year's small gathering with my family and friends.

"Gigi! You're crushing me." She struggles to say, and I quickly move back.

"Are you okay?" I say not wanting to crush her. I stare at her belly making sure she's okay.

"Yes, and so is your goddaughter." She smiles.

"I can't wait till she arrives."

"It was so unexpected but I'm so glad." She says as she puts a hand on her belly.

"Speaking of," she whispers as she looks behind her for a second to make sure Dominic is out of sight. "Are you pregnant too?"

"What? No."

"You seem different."

"I mean, I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days, but I'm sure it's nothing."

"You should check just in case," she tells me.

"I don't know."

"But what if you are? Wouldn't you want to know?"

"Okay, can you get me the pregnancy test and make sure Dominic doesn't see it? I don't want to give him false hope." She smiles at me before nodding. Then she leaves.

I head to the kitchen. I touch my belly for a second, wondering what if?

No.

I'm sure it's just morning sickness.

"Hey, hubby. What are you doing?" I ask with a smile, looking up at him.

"Making sure the cooks made your favorites for tonight," he responds with a grin, his eyes reflecting warmth and affection.

"Is your mom and brother still coming?"

"Yeah, they should be here in about an hour or so."

"Okay, good."

"I love you," I express with sincerity.

"I love you, wifey," he says, his voice tender, as he gently grabs my face and places a sweet kiss on my forehead.