19 | Vanishing Shadows

❦ 𝐆 𝐈 𝐀 𝐍 𝐍 𝐀

"We promised each other we wouldn't marry until we hit twenty-five, and only if we decide it won't be with each other." Dominic tenses beside me. I look at his face reassuringly before turning back to Zane.

"We were young at the time, Zane. I can't believe you took that seriously." I say, unable to hold back my laughter, further fueling Zane's anger.

"Why would you make that kind of promise with her?" Sienna asks, turning her attention to Zane, but his gaze remains fixed on me.

It brings me joy to look at him and not think about anything but Dominic. I can't even recall a single thing I liked about Zane.

"They had a thing back in high school," Marissa reminds Sienna.

"It wasn't a thing. She thought he liked her. Even Zane's friends had her thinking that too. But really, he was just using her to get good grades. I put him out of his misery by dating him," Sienna says. Marissa starts to laugh, and I put my head down, embarrassed, knowing everything she just said is the truth.

"I guess it's a good thing she found a real man then. Why wait when we're actually in love? But you know what? I'll thank you. Because what you did to her helped her realize the difference between a real man and a boy," Dominic says as he looks at Zane in disgust.

He lifts my head up by delicately grasping my chin, his intense gaze locking onto mine. The air thickens with anticipation as he leans in, the touch of his lips possessive and consuming. In that moment, every unspoken promise and shared history manifests in the intensity of our kiss, leaving no doubt about the depth of our connection. Time seems to pause as the world fades away, and all that remains is the tangible imprint of Dominic's commitment.

When he finally withdraws from the kiss, a delicate shiver courses through me. Dominic's fingers linger on my lips, a gentle caress that sparks an electric awareness. "Dominic," I breathe, my voice carrying a note of shock, as if the touch has unearthed a dormant intensity that pulses between us.

He whispers, "You are my everything, tesero."

Finally glancing at everyone at the table, I find them staring at us in shock, and immediately heat rushes to my cheeks.

Dominic casually pulls out a stack of hundred-dollar bills from his pocket, tossing them onto the table. "Dinner's on me," he smirks, a possessive glint in his eyes.

"We're leaving now," he says as he turns to me, grabbing my hand and leading me outside.

Inside the car, he helps me with my seatbelt. "Dominic," I say again. "Thank you."

"Princess, you don't have to thank me for that. Now I understand why you were nervous, but you don't have to be. You know why?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"Because you are nothing like them. You are different, and you are a much better person than they will ever be. These people spend their lives trying to make others feel less than they are. That can only be because they're insecure about themselves. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. And I could see the doubts in your eyes when that woman spoke to you. Don't ever allow her to make you feel that way again, you understand?" He states firmly, his eyes on me.

"Yes," I respond before glancing at the ring.

"I should probably give this back." I say with a nervous laugh as I start to remove it.

"You don't have to. It's yours."

"I don't think friends give friends engagement rings, Dominic," I jest, a playful glint in my eye, as I hand him the ring. He reluctantly takes it, the exchange carrying a weight of unspoken sentiments and a hint of lingering tension.

His hand grips the wheel, squeezing it with tension, before he halts and shifts to face me. "You know what? I've tolerated this long enough. Tesero, we're not friends."

"What? Have I done something?" I inquire, a pang of hurt in my voice.

"No princess, it's far from that." He starts, but his phone rings. He hangs up, but the person immediately calls again.

"It's okay; you can take it," I assure him and he reaches for the phone.

"What?" he asks into the phone.

D O M I N I C

"Sir, your father is missing," one of the security personnel at my father's mansion reports.

"What the hell do you mean he's missing?"

"He had an important meeting tonight, but we haven't seen him since this morning."

"How the hell did you let this happen?"

"He was in his home office. He never left. At least, we never saw him leave." I abruptly end the call and rest my head on the wheel in frustration.

"What's wrong?" Gianna's soft voice breaks the heavy silence as she leans over, placing her gentle hand on my back.

"My father's missing," I admit, and she gasps in shock.

"What? How long has he been missing?" Worry creeps into her eyes.

"Since this damn morning. I can't believe his security guards didn't notice. I'm firing them all as soon as this is settled."

"I have to bring you home, tesero," I tell her, and she nods in response.

Our drive to her apartment is filled with a tense silence, the weight of uncertainty hanging in the air.

After ensuring she safely enters her building, I navigate the city streets, the urgency in my movements reflecting the gravity of my father's disappearance.

Entering his home office, I find no sign of him. Confirming his absence after checking every room, I assemble the security guards for a meeting.

"I need you all to be on high alert. Do not let Lilith and her spawn come in here," I instruct them.

"But she's the boss's wife," one of them hesitates.

"I don't give a damn. I'm in charge. You will do as I say," I assert, my tone cutting through the tension in the room.

"Yes, sir," they respond in unison.

"Get to work!" I command before dialing my dad's cell for the tenth time tonight.

This can't be a coincidence. It has to have something to do with Lilith and Nathaniel. I will find them, and I will make them pay.

A/N
Merry Christmas!!!🎄❤️