Chapter 11

It was the time of the morning, the sun was shining over the building of the college where the students were involved with their activities. Some were studying and some were having fun.

Avni was passing by the corridor of the college and was moving to her class. Neil was coming from the opposite direction. They saw each other. Avni smiled to see Neil who made an angry face and ignored Avni. Avni was shocked and confused about what happened to Neil suddenly. Neil passed by Avni and went from there. Avni turned and looked at Neil.

Ali came there and he saw Avni. Ali faced Avni’s back. Ali smiled.

Ali: Avni.

Avni turned and looked at Ali. Neil stopped and got shocked and angry. Neil turned and saw Ali coming to Avni.

Ali: Hi.

Avni smiled and replied.

Ali: Let’s go to the class.

Avni: Yeah.

Avni and Ali moved and Neil was looking at them angrily. Avni and Ali entered the classroom and moved to their seats. Neil came behind them and saw them sitting. Avni saw Neil who glared at her. Avni frowned. Neil ignored Avni and went to his seat. Avni was looking at Neil. Ma’am entered the class and Avni looked at her. Everyone got up and Avni got engrossed in the lecture and forgot about Neil.

Soon, the lecture ended, and everyone got up and started to go. The students came out and were passing by the corridor. Neil and his friends were also going. They were passing by the corridor and Neil’s mood was not so good. The students were gathered at the notice board.

Vidyut: Ab kya lag gaya notice board per?

KK: Hogi koi nai restriction. Neil, yaar, tu Uncle se keh kar is principle ka kuch karta kyun nahi hai.

Neil remained silent.

Vidyut: Uncle is ki baat sun hi naa len.

Neil glared at Vidyut who smiled.

KK: Chal dekh kar aate hain.

Neil: Tum log jao mujhe nahi jana.

Vidyut: chor isay, chal hum chalte hain.

KK nodded and they went. Neil went and stood at some distance.

Avni and Ali were also coming there.

Ali: Shayad koi notice laga hai noticeboard per.

Avni: Shayad exam se related kuch ho.

Ali: tumhe parhai ke ilawa aur kuch nahi sujhta.

Avni: Nahi.

Ali looked away and Avni smiled. They came forward.

Ali: Tum roko main dekh kar aata hun.

Avni smiled and said, OK.

Ali went and Avni was looking at him and other students. Neil was standing by leaning against the wall and carrying his jacket in his arms. Neil looked here and there and then he turned his face. Neil saw Avni who was looking at the notice board. Neil was just looking at her and then he thought something. Neil looked away. Neil’s friends came to him and they were smiling.

Vidyut: Notification of New Year party.

Neil stayed silent and was looking down.

KK: We will go hmm.

Vidyut: Of course, we will go. It will be fun. Neil, you will come right.

Neil looked at Vidyut. Ali and Avni were coming there.