Chapter 33

It was daytime, the sun was shining and the birds were hovering in the sky. In an academy, the trainees were standing in the large ground and three girls were trying to climb the rope. The sun was shining over the ground and its rays were falling on Avni’s face who was laying on the ground and she was in pain.

Avni was lost and Avni saw a blurred image of someone. Avni blinked her eyes and tried to clear her vision. Avni saw the person and she was shocked. Avni’s vision got clear and she saw Neil. Avni was surprised. Neil smiled.

Avni whispered: Neil.

Neil sat near Avni.

Neil: Get up, Avni. Utho aur apna task complete karo. Tum ne mujhse promise kiya tha ke tum laro gi, himmat nahi haro gi aur jeet kar aogi. Tumhe jeetna hai, Avni. Utho aur phir se shuru karo.

Avni was looking at Neil.

Neil: Yaad hai na humara sapna. Tum ne kaha tha ke tum humare sapne ko totne nahi dogi usay sach kar ke dikhao gi. Get up, Avni. Get up. Get up. Apna promise yaad karo, Avni. Apna laksh yaad karo. Get up.

Avni looked on. Avni tried to get up. Avni sat on the mattress and she held her ankle.

Neil: Avni.

Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: Get up.

Neil signed at the rope and Avni looked there. Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: Get up. Tumhe jeetna hai.

Avni looked at the other ropes and the trainees were trying to climb. Avni thought and she looked at Neil.

Neil: get up.

Avni suppressed her lips and she tried to get up. Avni’s friends got happy and the trainer also got happy. Avni tried to get up.

Neil: come on, Avni, get up. Get up fast.

Avni got up but she was not able to stand. Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: come on, Avni, you can do it. Come on.

Avni smiled. Avni held the rope and she tried to climb. Neil and the others smiled. Avni started to climb and her ankle was paining. Avni looked down.

Neil: Niche mat dekho. Upar dekho.

Avni looked up. Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: Tumhari manzil wahan hai.

Avni looked up.

Trainer whispered: come on. Come on. Come on. Come on. Come on.

Avni looked at the trainer who nodded. Avni suppressed her lips and she tried to climb up and up and she reached the end. Avni again heard the gunshot and this time, Avni was ready for it. The trainer and Avni’s friends smiled. Avni looked at Neil who showed thumbs up and Avni smiled. All the ropes were connected to the steel pipe. Now Avni had to hold the pipe and she held it. Avni looked at Neil who nodded. Avni passed the pipe by hanging on it and she looked at Neil from time to time. Avni held another rope. Avni had to come down with that rope. Avni held the rope with her legs and then she held it with one hand then she left the pipe and held the rope with the second hand. Avni slowly came down. Now Avni had to jump from there. Avni looked down and she gulped. Avni looked at Neil who showed a thumbs up. Avni closed her eyes.

Avni: Mujhe jeetna hai. Mujhe mere aur Neil ke sapne ko pura karna hai. Mujhe Maa ko insaaf dilwana hai. Mujhe yeh karna hi hoga. Come on, Avni, jump.

Avni opened her eyes and she looked down. Avni thought and she gulped. Avni was not afraid of the height. Avni was afraid what if her foot would have gotten fractured then. Avni sighed and she left the rope and jumped. Avni jumped on the mattress and she didn’t fall back. Everyone was happy and smiled. They clapped. Avni looked up and smiled. Avni looked at Neil who was smiling. Neil showed thumbs up. Avni smiled and then Neil vanished and with him, Avni’s smile also vanished.