Chapter 29

It was the time of the morning, the sun was shining over the Khanna mansion and it peeked into Avneil’s room where Avneil was sleeping peacefully. Avni’s sleep was disturbed and she opened her narrowed eyes. Avni rubbed her eyes and opened them. Avni saw Neil’s face and she stopped. Avni adored Neil’s face who was looking cute. Avni smiled to see Neil and stared at him for a few minutes. Avni forwarded her hand to touch Neil’s face but she stopped because Avni realized that she was going to touch Neil's face. Avni thought and then she looked at Neil. Neil was sleeping.

The sun was shining and the birds were hovering in the sky. In the Khanna mansion, Shweta was going to the kitchen and she was surprised to see Avni near the dining table. A trolley was near Avni. Avni took a bowl from the trolley. Shweta came to Avni who kept the bowl on the table. 

Shweta: Yeh sab kya hai, Beta?

A bowl was in Avni’s hand. Avni saw Shweta and smiled. Avni kept the bowl on the table and turned to Shweta.

Avni: Good morning.

Shweta said, good morning while looking at the table.

Shweta: Yeh sab kya hai, Beta?

Avni: Breakfast.

Avni smiled and Shweta made a face. Shweta smiled.

Shweta: Woh to mujhe bhi pata hai. Kya zarorat thi. Main uthti na.

Avni: Kyun aap bhi to roz mere uthne se pehle breakfast bana deti hain. Aap mujhe kuch karne hi kahan deti hain. Sab kuch to aap karti hain.

Shweta cupped Avni’s face with one hand.

Shweta: Tu itna parhti jo ho.

They smiled.

Shweta: Pura din parhne main chala jata hai upar se kam bhi karwaun.

Avni smiled.

Shweta: Sorry, Beta, raat ko dair se soye to meri aaj subha jaldi ankh hi nahi khuli.

Avni made a face.

Avni: Sorry kyun. Main breakfast nahi bana sakti.

Shweta: Bana sakti ho. Lekin tum ne akele kyun banaya. Mujhe uthati na.

Avni: Akele kahan banaya. Bheema Di thi na meri help ke liye.

Shweta made a face.

Avni: Aap bhi to yahi kehti hain na?

Shweta showed her hand to Avni who made a sad pout and then they smiled. Prakash and Bebe came there. They wished morning to each other.

Prakash: Kya baat hai, Shweta Ji, itni jaldi breakfast ban bhi gaya.

Shweta: Maine nahi banaya. Aap ki ladli beti ne banaya hai.

Prakash and Bebe looked at Avni who looked at them.

Prakash: Avni ne?

Avni nodded.

Prakash: Wah kya baat hai. Matlab aaj acha khane ko milega.

Shweta nodded and Avni widened her eyes. Avni looked at Shweta who was smiling but then a bell rang in Shweta’s mind and she opened her mouth.

Bebe: Yeh to sahi kaha tu ne, Prakash.

Prakash looked at Bebe shockingly and kept his finger on his lips. Shweta made an angry face.

Shweta: kya kaha aap ne?

Prakash was shocked.

Prakash: Ku, kuch nahi. Kuch bhi to nahi. Maine to kuch bola hi nahi hai.

Bebe: kya? sach to kaha.