Chapter 32

It was the time of night, the moon was shining in the sky and a car was passing by the forest road and was moving its destination. Avni and Neil were sitting in the back seats and the driver was driving the car. Neil was sitting by side-hugging Avni and Avni’s head was on Neil’s chest. Neil smiled and he looked straight. Neil’s smile faded and he frowned.

Neil looked at his chest and Avni was not there. Neil turned his face and Avni was sitting beside him. Avni was looking out from the window. Neil was confused and he thought.

Neil in mind: Kya yeh sab meri imagination thi?

Neil thought and he got hurt. Neil looked at Avni and then he looked down. Neil looked straight and then he looked out from the window.

Avni was looking out from the window and she yawned. Avni rested her head back and closed her eyes. Neil was looking straight and he felt something on his shoulder. Neil saw Avni’s head on his shoulder. Avni tried to adjust her head. Neil smiled to see Avni. Neil slid down slightly so he could give his support to Avni. Neil gave his shoulder to Avni who adjusted her on Neil’s shoulder and slept. Neil smiled to see Avni. Neil took away the hair strand from Avni’s face and petted Avni’s face.

Neil thought something and he pinched his arm and winced. Neil looked at Avni and smiled now Neil was sure that it is reality, not his imagination like before. Neil smiled and jerked his hand. Neil rested his head and closed his eyes.

The night converted into the day. The rays of the sun scattered and the sheet of daylight covered the darkness. A car stopped outside an academy and Avni saw the academy. Avni and Neil got down from the car and they looked at the academy. They smiled. Neil looked at Avni who was looking at the academy. Avni turned her face to Neil and they passed the smile to each other. Neil asked Avni to come and they moved to the gate. Neil talked with the guard and then they got in the car and went inside.

Avni saw the academy and her eyes were twinkling to see it.

Avni and Neil attended the welcome ceremony and then they had the food. Now it was the time to say bye to Neil. Avni and Neil were present inside the premises of the academy. Avni and Neil walked to the car and they stopped a few steps away from the car. They turned to each other and looked at each other.

Both Avni and Neil were looking sad but they smiled to see each other. They were looking at each other and the tears filled in their eyes. Neil moved to Avni and cupped her face. Avni got emotional. Neil was also trying to control his emotions. Neil sighed and suppressed his lips and then Neil looked away. Neil sighed and then he looked at Avni who was looking at her.

Neil: People say that it is difficult to say goodbye and I have experienced it many times and it is actually very difficult. I have experienced that pain numerous times and today also I am feeling the same pain and I also know that you have also experienced this pain and you are also feeling the same pain but as it is saying sometimes, we have to lose something precious to gain something priceless.

Avni was looking at Neil.

Neil: Kuch pane ke liye kuch khona parta hai. Humare sapne ko pura karne ke liye humain ek dusre se dur rahna pare ga.

Avni was surprised to hear “Humare sapne”.

Neil: humain humari khushiyun ki qurbani deni pare gi.

Avni was looking at Neil.

Avni: Humare sapne?

Neil looked on and then he smiled.

Neil: Han humare sapne. Humara sapna. Tumhare IPS Officer banana ka sapna.

Avni got emotional.

Neil: Jab se hum shadi ke bandhan main bandhe hain tab se tumhara har sapna sirf tumhara nahi raha woh humara sapna ban chukka hai.