Chapter 24

It was the time of the night, silence was all around the Mehta house. The moon also hid behind the clouds. In the Mehta house, Neil was sitting on the floor by capturing Avni in his arms. Shweta came there while carrying a glass of water.

Shweta: Neil.

Neil looked at her and Shweta sprinkled water on Avni’s face but no use. Neil felt the fear of losing Avni.

Neil: Dad, call the doctor.

Prakash nodded and he took out his phone.

Prakash: Main phone karta hun tu Avni ko room main le kar jaa.

Neil nodded and he took Avni in his arms. Neil, Shweta, and Bebe went from there. Ashish and Dayawanti Mehta looked at each other.

Neil brought Avni to the room and he made Avni lay there.  Soon, the doctor came there and he checked Avni. The doctor injected Avni with a syringe. Neil was standing there with others. Neil looked away and then he looked at Avni. The doctor stood properly.

Doctor: inhe apni Maa ki maut ka sadma laga hai.

Neil was shocked.

Doctor: Maine inhe injection de diya hai. Umeed hai ke inhe jaldi hosh ajaye ga lekin agar inhe hosh na aye to inhe hospital le aaiye ga.

Neil looked on and Prakash nodded. Prakash went with the doctor and others looked at Avni. Ashish cried fakly.

Ashish: Yeh sab kya ho raha hai? Pehle Neela aur ab Avni…

Neil got angry.

Neil: Avni ko kuch nahi howa. Meri Avni theek hai.

Ashish was shocked.

DM: Beta, hum Avni ke duskhman nahi hain. Ashish ko bhi sadma laga hai.

Neil looked away.

Bebe: Avni ko aram ki zarorat hai humain bahar chalna chahiye.

Everyone nodded.

Neil: Aap sab jaiye. Main Avni ke pass rahun ga.

Bebe and Shweta nodded. Everyone went from there and Neil was looking at them. Neil looked at Avni and he came to her. Neil sat on the bed and he caressed Avni’s hair. Neil kissed Avni’s forehead. Neil saw Avni and Neela Maa’s picture frame on the wall and Neil got emotional.

It was the time of the night, the moon was shining over the Mehta house where Neil was standing in the garden area and his eyes were moist. Neil saw the flashes where he was in a suit and Neela Maa gave him gifts and blessings on his engagement, and blessings on different occasions, Avni, Neil, and Neela Maa had the pizza together and enjoyed.

Neil was trying his best to not cry. Neil sniffed and looked at the sky. Neil was missing Neela Maa. A hand held Neil’s shoulder and Neil got alert. Neil looked at the hand and then he looked at the person. It was Prakash. Neil was surprised to see his father. Neil turned his face away and wiped his tears.

Prakash: Apne baap se apne ansoo chupa raha hai.

Neil looked up and then he looked at his father. Prakash nodded.

Prakash: Sach main mera beta bara ho gaya hai.

Neil gulped and his eyes got moist. Neil couldn’t hold it anymore. Neil hugged his father and cried. Prakash consoled him.

Neil: Dad, Neela Maa.

Neil cried.

Prakash was caressing Neil’s back. Neil sniffed.

Neil: Dad, jab main is news ko accept nahi kar paa raha to phir, Dad, Avni… Avni per kya beet rahi hogi. Woh kaise accept kar paye gi… Dad, main Avni ko ase nahi de sakta. Nahi dekh sakta.