I Fell For A Pirate: Part 1 (Alaric and Emil)

Sorry for the long wait. I ran out of prewritten one shots and have been out of the writing mood. But here we are. The first M/M one shot of the collection. Sorry it took me so long to release one, but to make up for the long wait for the M/M, its gonna be a two parter... Because it ended up being way longer than I expected lol. Hope you enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a week since the merchant ship had been overtaken by pirates. It was only my first voyage and had just been promoted to upper deck duties since I had just turned nineteen. Now I was back to cabin boy duties, but this time my ankles were chained and some pirate or another would be watching over me.

If I was being honest, I wasn't entirely helpless nor desperate. The pirates fed me and I had enough work to keep myself occupied. Sure, they could have been nicer. And it was true that many of them had killed my crew mates, but-in all honesty-none of them had really been my friends. Especially upon realizing that I was attracted to men, and none of them wanted to risk being my crush. Not that any of them would be. Other than Jason (who was rather good looking, yet a total asshole) none of them were quite my type.

The pirate who watched me during the night shift, however... I had never seen a man more beautiful. He was merely a year older than I with long black hair tied back in a low ponytail. His jaw was pointed and his dark eye just bore into my heart while he always that devilish smirk on his face. He wore plain trousers and black boots. His gray coat was thin with holes, but he kept up with his hygiene to make up for it. Unlike most of the pirates I had seen in my time on their ship. Not to mention his hot accent. It wasn't exactly British, so I wasn't certain where it was from. Perhaps it was a mixture of many accents from all his traveling.

I liked to consider myself a mature man who could ignore a hot pirate watching almost every move I made. And I would have been just that if he remained silent. The other pirates were stoic and silent, or would curse and throw names towards me. Yet this pirate, who went by the name Alaric, spoke to me like I was a fellow pirate and was always quick to send me a playful retort.

He claimed that I had the heart of a pirate because I was so sullen, and I suppose I couldn't disagree. After all, I had been a thief growing up. Not much different than pirating, except for the fact that I had never killed another human. But that all was shoved into my past when I finally landed a job at fourteen as a cabin boy to an old merchant ship.

Regardless, I didn't believe I could ever become a pirate. Nor did I want to. I wanted to live my life in the shadows, unnoticed unless I wanted someone to know me. Perhaps it was because my life as a child was not normal and often landed me unfortunate situations when I got caught. The punishments were rough and there was no one who thought to give me a helping hand. I didn't want that life again.

I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts by a hand grabbing my arm. I jerked my head in the direction to find one of the pirates towering beside me with an angry expression on his face. I swallowed. Had I been ignoring him? Had I quit mopping while I was thinking?

He pointed at the kettle of soup I was supposed to be watching. The fire to the stove had gone out. I rushed over and used a towel to take the lid off. Using a ladle I stirred the soup and took a sip. It certainly wasn't hot and some of the carrots were still hard. I set to putting the fire back on. There were probably going to be a lot of pirates coming down to eat their share of dinner.  The last time it wasn't done on time one of the pirates had beaten me with the handle of a mop. It was humiliating and no one wanted to be helplessly beaten in front of a crowd.