Kabanata 46

Hues After The Rivalry

Kabanata 46

"The preserved cells are in the laboratory. I was just waiting for your parents to contact me. Huli ko na nabalitaan na wala na pala sila."

I felt weak, but the fact that Mama and Papa planned to have a Cryopreservation and In Vitro Fertilization, it gives me strength. Hindi ako makapaniwala.

"Your Mom told me that she will only reveal this to you once you're stable on your own. They really wanted to have another child. Here's your father's letter given to me before he passed away."

I opened the envelope with my tiny and trembling hands. Hinagod ni Tita Kath ang likod ko.

This should be a surprise for you, Rai. Things happened and it won't turn out the way your Mama and I wanted it to happen.

We're planning to give our home a new angel. Now that you can handle yourself well, I think it's time to do this. Your Mama and I have many reasons for deciding to do this. One of them is that we want to give you a sibling, you've been asking for one, and you know since then, we really wanted to have another child. Ngayon lang kami naging handa ni Mama mo para sa prosesong ito.

It would be unfair with you because I'm leaving too. Anak, sa'yo ko na ibibigay ang desisyon. Kung pipiliin mo mang ipagpatuloy 'to, ikaw na ang bahala sa magiging kapatid mo. Hindi ko pa man siya nahahawakan, mahal na mahal ko na siya tulad ng pagmamahal ko sa'yo.

"Binilin sa akin ni Papa mo na kung maayos ka na, tawagan kita. It took a while to contact you because I heard you were still in pain. I didn't know when you would recover. Naisip kong baka magpalakas sa'yo ang bagay na 'to, kaya kahit hindi dapat ako tumawag, tinawagan na kita. I hope this is okay with you, Ms. Almendarez."

Iyak ako nang iyak habang yakap ang sulat ni Papa. Walang pagdadalawang-isip kong sinabi sa doktor na itutuloy ko ang maselang proseso.

We need to find a surrogate mother.

"This is God's timing for you, Hope..." emosyonal na sabi ni Tita. "This is a heavy process. Hahayaan kita sa desisyon mong ipagpatuloy 'to, pero ako ang magdedesisyon kung kailan tayo kukuha ng surrogate mother."

"B-Bakit, Tita? G-Gusto ko nang mabuo ang kapatid k-ko..."

"Alam ko, Hope. But before that, I want you to heal first. I want you to recover first because you need more strength for this. Gawin mong lakas ang magiging kapatid mo habang nagpapagaling ka. I'll take care of finding a surrogate mother, just follow what I want. Heal first, before this."

Sa kabila ng pagiging atat na atat ko, pumayag ako sa gusto ni Tita Kath dahil para rin naman sa kapakanan ko.

I was thankful... that I was stopped by the call when I was about to take my life. I was saved.

Nagpagaling ako nang nagpagaling. Hirap na hirap man ako sa pagiging buto't-balat, pinalakas ko ang sarili. From a weight of 18, I gained to 25. Tuwang-tuwa ako tuwing nadadagdagan ang timbang ko.

Throughout the process of my recovery, the only hope I had was that I'm going to have a sibling. 'Yon ang nagpapalakas sa akin. 'Yon na lang. Iyon lang ang nag-iisang kinakapitan ko para ipagpatuloy ang buhay.

I'm going to be a sister. Can you believe it?

When I was fully recovered, Tita Kath introduced Claris Veneracion to me. Ang magiging surrogate mother ng magiging kapatid ko.

The moment I learned that I'm going to have a sibling, I immediately thought of a name for her.

She's a blessing and she's my hope. Adiel Hope.