Dinner Disasters Part 3

(POV:Reader)

-"Fergus?" Elinor questioned.

-"Merid..." he started but hesitated to continue.

-"The lords are presenting their daughters as suitresses for your betrothal" she finished off bluntly and scoffed at Fergus for not saying it sooner.

-"WHAT?" Merid stared at her as I froze in place and felt my hand being gripped by Merid.

-"The clans have accepted!" Elinor told us excitedly, completely ignoring everyone's disappointed reactions.

Merid's hand held mine tighter as I could only guess he tried to process and understand what Elinor had just said.

-"D-Dad!" 

-"What! I...you...she...Elinor?" Fergus stuttered, looking between Elinor, Merid and I.

-"Honestly Merid! I don't know why you're reacting this way" Elinor told him, clear annoyment in her voice.

-"This year each clan will present a suitress to compete in the games for your hand" 

-"And I suppose because I am the prince I have to do what I'm told" Merid scoffed.

-"A prince does not raise his voice," Elinor warned.

-"Merid, this is what we have been preparing you for your whole life." she continued but was cut off.

-"No, it's what you have been preparing me for my whole life,"

-"And I won't go through with it" he finished and dragged me out of the dining room.

-"Merid!" Elinor and Fergus called after him.

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

I will post one or two more today because I won't be able to post anything tomorrow.

Bye!