♡Chapter 55♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

It was a week later.

Today was the cheer competition.

Poppy was feeling very nervous. Her entire family was watching and she didn't wanna let them down.

"Alright, girls. We're up next. Are you all ready?" Annie asked her cheer team.

"Ready!" The cheer girls shout, trying to boost their confidence.

"Just remember what we practiced, alright?" Annie tried to calm her teams worries, but even she was worrying.

"Alright! Next is Van Atta junior high school!" A woman shouted into a speaker.

People clapped and cheered as they watched the cheerleaders of Van Atta junior high school make their way to the centre to perform.

The cheerleaders got in their positions and as music began playing they started.

The cheer girls at the front start by doing back handsprings, flipping away from the other cheer girls who stayed back as they waited.

The cheer girls who stayed behind all did a synchronized jump sequence, leaping and landing in perfect unison. The group then join together as they transition into a dynamic cheer dance, moving in sync with impressive choreography. The team showcases a breathtaking toss and catch routine, with multiple cheerleaders flying through the air and being caught flawlessly.

Kylie and Hayley flipped Poppy in the air, causing the Katsopolis girl to spin in the air. Poppy was then caught into her two best friends arms. Kylie and Hayley threw her back up in the air. This time, Poppy stayed in the air as Kylie and Hayley held her up with their hands. Poppy stood on her best friends hands as she made sure not to wobble. A few other girls were doing the same stunt as Kylie, Hayley and Poppy. Keeping her balance, Poppy put her hands on her hips as she reminded herself to look ahead and keep calm.

After a few seconds, Poppy was placed back down on the ground like the other girls who were in the air.

The team then came together as one as they did a bunch of different cheer movements like; backflips, handstands and many others.

They finished by coming together and going into a cheer pyramid.

As the music ended, the crowd cheered and clapped.

"And that was Van Atta junior high school!" A woman shouted into the speaker.

Annie and her cheer team walked over to the benches as they sat down and grabbed their bottles of water.