21st Birthday

(This image at the top I drew myself and it was just an idea i had for a family photo. I hope you like it.)

When the sun rose on Xiaotians 21st birthday, the monkeys entered the house to say happy birthday to him like they did every year, but this time he wasn't there or anywhere to be found. Chichi had an idea of where he could be, but he asked to go alone for it, and the others agreed, considering he knew the prince / king in waiting better.

Chichi then left the cave and headed up the stairs to the peak of the mountain, where he found Xiaotian leaning against a rock under the peach tree as he slept peacefully whilst holding Mk close to his chest. He wondered why Xiaotian was holding the doll, but then remembered what the day was and the promise, so he didn't question it.

Since Xiaotian looked so peaceful and when Chichi looked past him he saw the sun still rising so he let him rest and just curled up next to him so he could sleep, as today was a big day. All the monkeys on the island were talking about it in both good and bad ways, as it was the day the King's promised to be back by, but it was also seen as their last chance at hope of them coming back. So, to say the least their were mixed opinions, and to say the least, Xiaotians' doubts were through the roof, so if he was resting, it was a good thing.

~

Xiaotian eventually woke up about an hour later when the sun had fully risen and was now shining brightly in his eyes. After waking up further, he saw Chichi sleeping next to him, and he felt a small warmth in his heart, and he was thankful more than anything that he was here. So he decided to just let Chichi rest, and Xiaotian sat up properly as his previous position wasn't that comfortable. Then he began to stare out over the horizon whilst his tails entwined with Chichi, so he k ew he was still there, and he just watched and waited.

By the time the sun was nearly above them, most if not every monkey on the island was up there at the top of the mountain. They were either talking, playing games, sleeping, or just joining Xiaotian in staring out and waiting for their Kings to return. A few were also having some drinks and celebrating Xiaotians' birthday, but that was a small number, and most were just waiting and passing time.

No one had really planned anything, so it was all just there, and spontaneous, so throughout the day, some of the mo keys went back down the mountain to do their tasks or they just got bored of waiting. Xiaotian was the only one who never moved. He could have even been mistaken for a statue with how still he was. Throw some dust on him, and then you couldn't tell the difference. Chichi stayed with him the whole time, though, as he knew today was going to be a lot depending on what happened.

If the King's return, then it's gonna be great, and it might be slightly awkward since their once small cub is now 21 years old and at their height. But on the other hand it could be the worst thing and they don't come so it may seem like they abandoned him and the mountain, or are just stuck somewhere with no way out and they would have no idea. So it can go all ways, and Chichi didn't know if Xiaotian was ready for it as he'd been there for his friend since he was a cub, so he knew him better than anyone on the mountain, and at this point he could even say he knew him better that Wukong and Macaque. Now that's a thought.

~

As the day went by, nothing happened, and nothing changed. It was just Xiaotian being a statue with Chichi next to him as all the other monkeys left the mountain or came back. Xiaotian only moved when he felt someone tugging on his sleeve, and when he looked down, he saw Laoren and Chichi next to him, and in their paws was a single peach. As soon as he saw it, he reached out for it, but pulled back when he remembered why he was waiting and when he glanced back at the horizon he looked back to the peach and he picked it up from Chichi's paws and placed it on his lap as he stared at it and every so often he take a glance back at the horizon as his ears twitched at every sound.