That fast?!

After cleaning up the mess Redson made with his embarrassed outburst, Xiaotian had been talking some excess pipe parts and some metal boards and putting them in their correct places, and when he went back to the main desk he saw the calendar on the board that was basically covered top to bottom in blue prints. But when he checked the date he saw it was only 2 weeks before his birthday, which was on the 10th of May and it was currently the 26th of April.

Time seems to fly by at this point.

Thinking back on previous years, he had mainly spent his birthdays on Flower Fruit Mountain, and last year, because he was out looking at the sealed demon prisons, he missed his own birthday. Although he had a better excuse this time as he was busy and not just basically depressed, he had to make sure he did something for this one. Also since he ate his peach of immortality he doesn't age and even though he's turning 23 and he ate the peach at 21, you usually tell how much time has passed by how much you've grown, both physically and as a person, but obviously the main factor for growing up has been taken away for him, so time just flies by and he may never really know how much.

Also this one he would have to spend with the troupe and it would definitely give him an excuse to go back to the mountain, and if he went early then he could find a good spot in his baba's vault to hold the key as carrying it in his pocket his just a reminder of the power that witch holds over him. So his birthday would be great, and he'd get a safe place for an ultra powerful key that probably shouldn't even exist in the first place and a reunion with the troupe, Chichi, and the geezers It a win-win situation, so there no complaints here.

So now he needed to convince Redson to go with him as he also felt slightly guilty for the wild goose chase he sent him on the first time they met. Only slightly as at the time it was fully deserved. But even so, there was still a lot left of the mountain that Red hadn't seen, and it was all so much better than the small part Red actually got to see. 

Next job on the list of things to do was convince Red to come with him and then convince DBK and PIF to let them go, although Xiaotian was pretty sure that would be the easy part of all of this, so he had to do the hard part and convince Redson to come.

~

Red had been welding that last few pipes in place with his flames, so seeing Xiaotian come over looking hyped for something as he was bouncing on the balls of his feet as his tail was wagging like crazy behind him, and he could swear that if he put a sheet of paper or a leaf behind Xiaotians tail then it would just float away like it was in a breeze or in front of a fan.

It was honestly adorable....

As soon as he thought that he tried to push it away as his face turned a red as a tomato, but this time his flaming hair didn't melt another hole in the ceiling, so at least it was more manageable. But none the less he took a few breaths to try and compose himself and then dropped down so he could see what Xiaotian was so happy about.

Red: "What's got you so happy?"

Xiaotian: "Well, I was wondering if you would like to go to Flower Fruit Mountain for my birthday?"

Red then suddenly remembered Xiaotians birthday and remembered they never celebrated it last year as the monkey wasn't at the castle, so it wasn't counted as significant so it was just a regular day, also they didn't actually know what day it was so that didn't help.

Red: "When is your birthday?"

Xiaotian: "May 10th, I know we didn't celebrate last year and honestly neither did I whilst I was travelling and it slipped my mind, and I also thought it would be a good excuse to go see the monkeys and check up on the mountain. I also wanted to show you the great sights on the island, too, as they are amazing."