Chapter 6: Totally annihilated

Author's POV:

~trr~trr~

As the alarm rang , a sleepy and tired looking Dhara woke up. But as soon as she opened her eyes, as if all the tiredness and sleep vanished into thin air and she immediately dialed a number, it's one of her security personnel's.
The call was picked up in first ring.

D- Get ready and prepare the car , I will be down in 45 minutes.

Man- Yes mam.

Ending the call , Dhara got up from her bed and went to the bathroom.

25 minutes later , a wet-haired , towel wrapped around her head , bathed and totally awakened Dhara came out, wearing a simple cotton salwar suit.

Standing infront of her dressing table , Dhara stared at her image in the mirror, she heaved a sigh and rubbed her face...she took her moisturizer and put it on.

Than she went downstairs , to the kitchen, she took two bananas from the fruit basket of freshly plucked fruits, she put two slices of whole wheat bread on pan to get them toasted and put a little pot of milk on stove to get it hot.

As her breakfast was cooking , she started having a banana while leaning back on the kitchen counter and thinking of her tactics , when she reaches the company.

Meanwhile badi-ma came to the kitchen,

Garima- Arre , shonamoni , tui ato shokal-shokal kothai jabar jonno uthechish?

(My diamond, where do you want to go that you woke up so early in the morning?)

D- Boro ma , amake ektu jodhpur phirte hobe , Chauhan-der companir abostha khub kharap. Amake shob handle korete hobe. Tumi ektu, Shivansh aar Trishani uthe gele , ooder bole debe , jeh ami kichu kaje , shohore gechi?

(Badi ma , I have to go to the Chauhan enterprises, there situation is really bad. When Shivansh and Trishani wake up , will please tell them , that I went to the city, for some important work?)

Garima- Ok baba!

With this , Dhara had her breakfast and went to her room to get ready.

Dhara's POV:

Hmm... standing infront of my alimirah , I contemplate , as to what should I wear. No, it's not the 'girls' problem thing.

Today , I need to choose my outfit carefully.

Because I need to show that , I am a totally devastated widow but also not a woman to be messed with. If I wear a plain white saree , I would look like a softy , pushover, but if I wore one of my suits , I may come of as haughty and also having no remorse that my in-laws are dead.

Now this is a woman's bane of existence! No matter what we do , we will be judged negatively. Huh..

Wait! I got what I should wear!