Your Little Liaison

„Come." Berlin motions his head towards the stairs. "We're getting Rio. Denver should be with him by now, with the bags." With my gun in hand, I nod and follow him upstairs, always trying to maintain a neutral expression. He doesn't need to know what I think of him after pulling that shit.

Why do I always end up liking psychos? Not that I'm much better in terms of violence, etc., but at least I'm not repulsive in my treatment of helpless women...

Upon reaching the top, we head towards the office where Rio should have by now attached the labelled phones to the wall. The plan is to use the room as our resting place and set up the phone there, to connect with the Professor. From there, we also have an excellent view of what's happening in front of the Mint. How the police desperately tries to free the hostages but above all, our sweet little lamb. I open the door but remain rooted in place as I find Rio and Tokyo almost crouched on top of each other. Ugh, why... at least I try to control myself and my feelings. Why can't my sweet little brother do the same? His goofy grin shows me they haven't noticed me standing in the doorway, with Berlin right behind me. Luckily he can't see what's going on inside. Or at least I assume he can't. A few seconds later, Denver opens another door attached to the room and slams the bags he was carrying onto the table. The lovebirds spring apart and Rio meets my gaze, as Berlin pushes past me into the room. I clench my jaw and slightly shake my head, to show my brother that this was stupid and reckless. I don't want to know what will happen if Berlin finds out about their little situation.

"Put on your vests and get ready to go out. As soon as you're ready, we'll activate the alarm." His voice brings me out of my thoughts. Denver and I exchange gazes as he hands me my vest. I quickly put it on and follow the other back downstairs towards the entrance, where the hostages are gathered, still with their masks on, so they wouldn't recognize us or see our faces.

"Hostages, for your own safety, move three steps to the back!" Berlin yells as Tokyo and I carry the bags in one hand and a gun in the other, while Denver and my brother flank us while walking downstairs. "A little more this way. That's it... Okay. Everything's going to be alright. A little closer." Nairobi and the rest join us while Berlin stays at the back, watching over the hostages. I pull up my hood as I feel a hand on my lower back pushing me gently forwards so I stand next to Tokyo. Turning around I see Denver intensely watching me. I give him a small assuring smile which he returns. Rio opens the door and turns on the alarm before positioning himself behind us. I can't help but to shift from one leg to the other. "Two minutes" Berlin repeats the Professor,

"One minute, 40 sec..." suddenly he stops and I hear him walking along the row of hostages. "What's your name?"

"Arturo"

"Arturo, is it?"

"Yes." I turn around to see Berlin taking of Arturito's mask. „No, I didn't see anything! I didn't see anything, I swear." He suddenly covers his eyes and makes himself small. Kinda pathetic, wasn't he supposed to be the director and be a role model for his employees and convey calmness? Instead he stands there huddled together like a little child scared in a haunted house on Halloween. Looking around its getting clear that his behaviour brings out the exact opposite reaction. The hostages crumble in fear and I see some of them are breathing heavy. What. An. Idiot.

"Look at me."

"I didn't see anything."

"Come on, Arturo, look at me. Look at me." He starts crying. But the kind of crying little kids do, when they don't get what they want. You know what I mean? The kind of crying where not a single tear is shed, only meant to piss of the parents to no end.

"Do you like movies?" He waits for a response "do you?" Arturito just watches him in confusion before nodding and continuing his act of being scared.

"Yes... I'm a big fan."