Chapter 7: Offer

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Captain, how was it? Did you find her?"

Umiling si Aoi at naupo sa malaking swivel chair sa tapat ng malaking bintana kung saan kita ang buong landscape ng Silverleaf Academy.

"You seem to be in a good mood," sambit ng Vice President.

The Higher Student Council is composed of 7 members. They are the highest governing body next to the Headmaster and they have full authority over the students and faculty. They are the strongest, most brilliant, and most skilled students in the academy. They are ranked above the Academy's Top Warrior ranking and their position is permanent. Unlike in the ATW which can change every semester depending on the student's performances.

Aoi Ryou, the reigning president of the Higher Student Council is a promising candidate to be the next sage. And to top it off, he was also part of the intelligence unit of the Kingdom of Merania. A special unit composed of the strongest professional and noble warriors in the kingdom. He was born and trained to be an assassin as he shows great abilities in such a young age.

He is considered a genius that not even professional warriors can rival him. Of course, his real identity remains confidential and even the members of the Higher Student Council has no idea about it.

"No traces of the killer, huh." Disappointed na sabi rin ng isang babae habang kumakain ng lechon manok.

"Kanina ka pa dyan kumakain, Nyxia. Mukha ka nang dugyot," sabi naman ng isang lalaki na nakaupo kasama niya sa mesa at naiinis siyang tinitingnan.

The girl ignored her at patuloy na masayang kumakain. "Whatever, Eddie."

"We all know that the killer is a woman. Pero hindi pa enough 'yon para malaman natin kung sino siya," sabi naman ng vice president. Nakaupo siya sa mahabang couch at malalim ang iniisip. Her long, blonde hair flawlessly slipped from her ear at muli niya itong inayos.

"Ang ganda mo talaga, ate Eleanor, naiiyak ako. Huhu..." A cute girl in pig tails jumped towards her at niyakap siya.

Napatili naman ang babae sa gulat at tumawa. "Stop it Kelsey. Ang bigat mo na."

"You're so pretty, ate nanggigil akooo!"

Nagtawanan silang dalawa habang lumapit naman ang isang lalaki na nakasalamin kay Aoi. "It's a strong possibility that the one who killed Kargarus, the calamity-type monster, and Mr. Wilson are the same person," the man told him.

"We don't know that. The first two attacks that you mentioned uses magic unknown to us. And Mr. Wilson was killed purely by assassination. No traces of magic were involved," sagot naman ng isang lalaking puti ang buhok. He has the same feature with the man in glasses.

"So what's your point, Lock?" the man in glasses glared at him.

"I'm just saying the other possibilities, Key." sagot naman ng huli. Tila may kuryente na dumadaloy sa kanilang mga mata habang nag tititinginan ng masama.

"The twins are it again!" sigaw ni Eddie na kasama ni Nyxia sa table.

Key stood up, the one with glasses, at lumapit sa kambal niya. "It's a possibility na iisang tao lang ang may gawa no'n because of its way of killing. Both in a mysterious, delicate, and skillful manner."

"No. I believe that it's a different person but both are skilled assassins," bulyaw naman ng huli.

"You clearly have no basis."

"You as well."

"I'm smarter than you. And show some respect to your older brother!" pasigaw na sabi ni Key.