Chapter 10: Ten Thousand Soldiers

300 years ago...

"Your Highness! We're under attack by the Belfa Empire! Nasa labas na ng kapitolyo ang mga mandirigma nila! Napapaligiran tayo!" buong takot na sambit ng isang kawal na kakapasok lang sa throne room kung saan nakaupo ang hari. Ang tinatawag nilang the Wise King.

He leaned on this throne peacefully habang nakataas ang paa at may binabasa. He has dark, shoulder-length hair. A smile formed from his lips.

"Your Highness! This is no joke! The mountain unit has been ambushed and they are all dead! I'm afraid that the Great Sage has betrayed us! They will be here soon!"

Itiniklop ng hari ang librong binabasa niya. "Don't panic. Even the Great Sage and their soldiers are no match to her."

"But your highness! They are ten thousand!"

The Wise King stood up from his throne. The soldier trembled and bowed his head to the ground.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" His cold voiced echoed throughout the room as the soldier immediately regret what he said.

The king jumped from the window as he fly towards the gate where the enemy soldiers awaits him.

"It's him! How dare you insult us? Sending a woman against a thousand soldiers?! Sisiguraduhin kong pagsisisihan mo ang ginawa mong ito King Thelonious!" the general of the knights yelled.

Sa harap ng libo-libong kawal na nakapaligid sa kapitolyo, stands a woman dressed as a maid, holding nothing but a dagger.

Ilang sandali pa, may dumating na lalaki sakay ng isang chariot na gawa sa ginto. It is the King of Belfa, one of the most powerful kingdoms, together with the Great Sage.

"King Thelonious, hand over your kingdom and we will spare you," pagbabanta ng Great Sage.

"I will, if you can defeat my servant right there," sagot ng hari habang nakatingin sa nag-iisang babae na nakatayo sa harapan ng libo-libong sundalo.

Tumawa ang hari ng Belfa, "Ah... Even the wisest king has gone mad. You clearly do not know your situation, King Thelonious. You are the enemy of the entire continent, do you think there's no one stronger than you?"

"Who told you that I'm strong? You can even kill me right now," muli syang ngumisi habang nakatingin sa kanyang servant.

"Tuluyan na nga siyang nabaliw. You, soldier! Kill that woman right now. Hindi ako nakikipaglaro, King Thelonious," the sage warned habang inutusan ang isang knight na patayin ang babae sa harapan nila.

The knight draws out his sword but before he can even reach the woman, his head already fell off the ground.

"So am I," King Thelonious replied in a cold and terrifying voice.

Nanlaki ang mata nilang lahat at hindi makapaniwala sa kanilang nasaksihan. They saw the soldier's blood drips from the woman's dagger. Hindi manlang umabot ng isang segundo ang nangyari.

"But that knight was a lieutenant! One of the strongest knights in the kingdom of Belfa! They are even equipped with the highest magic resistance armor," sa isip ng Sage.

"She might be skilled and strong. But no matter how strong a human is, no one can stand an army of ten thousand. I'm done playing, Thelonious. You're now surrounded. Give up, and I will spare your life."

The Wise King looked at them coldly from above like he was a celestial being. His eyes glows in blue. "I told you. Defeat my servant, and I will give you my kingdom."

Muli silang ngumisi and prepared an all out attack. "With pleasure."

"Verena, they're all yours."